Cruise Critic Community
Texas Tillie

New Website!

My 2017 voyages are there. Number of past cruises is inaccurate. It does not reflect extra cruise credit such as the LA to LA cruise which was 16 days, that should be 2 cruise credits, not one.

Past cruise dates are messed up. Only 2018 tells me where I went. 2017 and earlier only shows just the date, not the itinerary.

Kate

Kate, the past cruises reflects the actual number of cruises and does not reflect the number of milestones.

Keith

2 hours ago, Texas Tillie said:

Haven't been able to log-in to my account on the Crystal site since yesterday. The log-in page comes up and then almost immediately goes to the home page. Hope this is just a result of techies working on the site. I paid for my Bach B2B and wanted to reserve excursions, but can't. Oh, well, they have my money, so why do they care!

Patty

Patty:

I just checked and had the same problem so I did a search and got to PCPC and have copied the PCPC link for you.

https://checkin.crystalcruises.com/?_ga=2.195346216.587481449.1546623522-827393317.1544944697

Keith

I just used the link I provided and did get into PCPC.

I would copy and paste this to save for future use.

Keith

Thanks, everyone. It's obviously a problem getting into the PCPC through that "person" at the top of the page. I was able to get into it from the link at the bottom of the page. Just had to look-up my booking number, which you had to do anyway in the old system. Have reserved excursions. Wondering if a few will be added between now and late April as ones that were listed in the past are no longer on the schedule. I'll just keep checking.

I'd still like to see a one page schedule for each ship by year. They can keep all the glitz and photos, just add that.

Patty

I was doing some research on future cruises this morning. This is actually the first time that I have actively used the new website format. There are many features that I like, including the ability to actually get a real-time snapshot of what rooms are currently available on cruises, as well a description if the beds face forward or aft in each room ("feet forward" or "head forward"). The web cams are up and running and I really like the larger format, although it would be nice to have a webcam link that is a bit easier to access, without going through so many different screens. I think the new site is a bit more cumbersome to just randomly search for cruises (as compared to the older website versions), but it is no worse and, in some respects, much better organized than other line's websites. It is fairly easy to sort by ship category (i.e. ocean ships only, river boats only, or the yachts only). Any new format takes a bit of getting used to; I'm still struggling every time Microsoft updates and "improves" MS Word and Excel. My aging eyesight really does appreciate the apparently much larger text font. I miss the staff/entertainer listings, but based on previous posts, it appears as though that information will be available again with the next software release.

I have re-registered on the Crystal website; all our previous and future cruises are listed. I do like the ability to access all future bookings on the PCPC from the new website without having to log-off and back in for each individual future booking.

Short summary, overall I like the new format, and it appears as though there may be fewer technical errors with this roll-out than the previous version a few years ago.

Rob

I think that earlier in this thread someone posted that they were able to see which rooms are available on ocean cruises.

I've tried and I'm stymied. Help?

1 hour ago, MalbecWine said:

Glad to hear it is improved but a few weeks ago it was a mess as others will testify.

It still needs quite a bit of help.

1 hour ago, suzeluvscruz said:

I think that earlier in this thread someone posted that they were able to see which rooms are available on ocean cruises.

I've tried and I'm stymied. Help?

It was me.  I mentioned that I could see inventory but hadn't gone all the way to see if I can book it.  Someone said you couldn't go all the way.

I still have not tried that but after seeing your question I went back to answer your question.

Just find a cruise.  And click on the cruise.

Across the top you will see some icons you can click on. One of them is a green icon that says Book It.  Click on that.  It will ask you if you are a Crystal Society Member.  I skipped that.  It then brought up each category. Some said call for availability, some said guarantee and some said available.  I clicked on one of the available categories and it showed me rooms I could choose from.

This will give you an example of what I am looking at.

https://www.crystalcruises.com/voyage/rio-de-janeiro-to-montevideo-ocs190124-08

Once you go there scroll down and you will see the headers I am speaking about including the green Book It button.

Keith

I had no problems getting in today, and got right into PCPC from the Crystal site and even booked a spa appointment.

One thing that's bugging me - I can't see a way to remain logged in. Many other websites offer the option of remaining logged in on the device you are on, so that I don't have to re-enter my user name and password each time. I can't see a way to do that with the Crystal website. It's kind of a pain to have to log in each time. 

In case anyone from IT is reading. 🙂 

LeeAnne

On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 5:22 PM, Keith1010 said:

I do like the capability to do on line booking (when It works correctly) for a couple of reasons and they have less to do with making the on board booking.

1.  I can see if a particular room is available before I contact my TA to make the booking.  This way I can identify the room I like.

2.  If we are already booked but would like a different room location I can look to see if it is available.  While our TA will gladly do this, I could if I would like, check each day to see if the room we desire becomes available.

3.  Finally, let's say it is a Sunday and a new cruise is announced or say I am just concerned that the room we want might be taken I could place the room on hold and then contact my TA.

For me the biggest benefit is seeing rooms that are available.  We do have our TA do our bookings.

As I mentioned earlier I have not had a lot of time to spend looking at the new website and won't for awhile.

I do think it is an improvement over the old one IMHO.  No, it's not because I think everything Crystal does is perfect.  

Yes there are things that need to be fixed and have already flagged a couple of them.

Keith

IS there any way to see the shore excursions before booking? or after booking can you see the options without signing in on your PCPC?

Can anyone explain how to see(on website) what cabins are available for a certain cruise ?  Please give detailed instructions.

4 minutes ago, docmark said:

Can anyone explain how to see(on website) what cabins are available for a certain cruise ?  Please give detailed instructions.

Docmark, just hit the “book” button, on any particular cruise. The next screen will ask if you are a previous Crystal cruiser but you don’t have to put in any name or number. The next screen will take you to all the various cabin options and for each one that shows availability, when you click on it then a deck plan pops up and the various available cabins will show listed on the left side of that. I really love having this function!  

Edited by sierrafloridacruiser

7 minutes ago, docmark said:

Please see my post number 160 on this thread for instructions.

It is on the previous page.

Keith

Thanks  Keith and Sierrafloridacruiser…. Much appreciated

Now that I could find cabins, Keith , I like to ask your opinion: On Symphony, if I were to pick Penthouse (NOT Suite), would you recommend seabreeze or Regular?   Thanks in advance

7 minutes ago, docmark said:

Thanks  Keith and Sierrafloridacruiser…. Much appreciated

Now that I could find cabins, Keith , I like to ask your opinion: On Symphony, if I were to pick Penthouse (NOT Suite), would you recommend seabreeze or Regular?   Thanks in advance

You are very welcome.

I do prefer the PS on Symphony over the PH and on Serenity the PH over the PS.

While I loved the Seabreeze PS on Symphony I think I would go with the standard PH over the Seabreze PS on Symphony.  I say this because the Seabreeze Furniture is quite large and think it takes up a little too much of the floor space.  I do love the Seabreeze bathrooms in both categories on Symphony because of the Rain Shower and no bathtub (I realize some like the bathtub).  For us I would go with the standard PH because the furniture is not as large and it opens up the floor space.

Keith

31 minutes ago, sierrafloridacruiser said:

If the IT folks are reading, I do miss seeing the floor plans and pictures of the various accommodations. 

I too haven't been able to find the floor plans.  I have found photos though.

https://www.crystalcruises.com/ships

From there click on the ships and then under each accommodation you should see one or more photos.

Keith

Thanks again  Keith, appreciate your quick reply

And have a good trip on California coast!!

Keith, I think I saw a post somewhere about there being coffee makers in the Penthouses. We are in a SeabReeze Penthouse (not Suite) on Symphony for our upcoming cruises and my husband would really love to be able to make that first cup in our room every morning. 

Im looking forward to the extra space in the shower, rather than a tub/shower combination!  

Edited by sierrafloridacruiser

1 hour ago, sierrafloridacruiser said:

Keith, I think I saw a post somewhere about there being coffee makers in the Penthouses. We are in a SeabReeze Penthouse (not Suite) on Symphony for our upcoming cruises and my husband would really love to be able to make that first cup in our room every morning. 

Im looking forward to the extra space in the shower, rather than a tub/shower combination!  

We had it in the Seabreeze PS and I am pretty sure they were in the Seabreeze PH. Hooefulky someone can confirm this for you. 

Keith

1 hour ago, docmark said:

Thanks again  Keith, appreciate your quick reply

And have a good trip on California coast!!

You  are very welcome and thank you for the good wishes 

keith