Being a shareholder of NCLH

donnacat9

I was just reading the benefits of being a shareholder and wondered - - if you already get $200 per person OBC

it would only gain you $50.   Do the also include the OBC issued by your TA?

"$250 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 15 Days or ...

The Shareholder must own Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. (NCLH) stock at the time of sailing. Benefit is not combinable with any other offer. Shareholders have the option to choose between the shareholder benefit or the other offer. Benefit is non-transferable and not available to employees, agents of Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. or it"

It depends where your TA received the OBC that they are providing to you. Previously being a shareholder of NCLH was a good deal, but in the last couple of years I have not received the benefit due to other OBC provided to me. I went through this with my last cruise, my TA found all sorts of promotions and I ended up with lots of OBC so the NCLH shareholder benefit was not applicable. On another cruise, it was combinable with the OBC provided to me. but that was about three years ago.

My suggestion - complete and form and send it in - your TA will inform you if you qualify and add it to your account.

gnomie :classic_smile:

10 minutes ago, donnacat9 said:

I was just reading the benefits of being a shareholder and wondered - - if you already get $200 per person OBC

it would only gain you $50.   Do the also include the OBC issued by your TA?

"$250 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 15 Days or ...

The Shareholder must own Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. (NCLH) stock at the time of sailing. Benefit is not combinable with any other offer. Shareholders have the option to choose between the shareholder benefit or the other offer. Benefit is non-transferable and not available to employees, agents of Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. or it"

Since the benefit is not combinable with other benefits, you are probably right that you would only gain $50.  Before doing anything, I would give my TA a quick call. Even though they are not directly in the loop when it comes to NCLH stock, they should know the answer.   If you TA doesn't know, give Regent a call.  

• 1 month later...

For us, purchases of cruise line stock for the shareholder OBC benefit (Carnival Corp many many years ago, and NCLH about three years ago) has been a buy-and-hold proposition.   It really comes down to how often you cruise, and on what cruise lines.