Tahiti Cruise

dqualude

We have cruised on Princess to Caribbean and Alaska and want to try something new. We booked the Tahitian Princess for March/2006. You can see many threads about this ship and the ports it visits in the Ports of Call section for The Pacific Islands.

This link will take you tp the cc boards for The Pacific Islands:

http://boards1.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=104

This link is a review from a recent Dec/2005 cruiser.

http://boards1.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=277734

Cruising to Raratonga on the TP proved too much for me -- it was rough water, which is not entirely uncommon. Meclizine took care of it -- but left me unable to enjoy anything. I was affected on the sea day out to Raratonga and my husband was affected on the sea day back from Raratonga. To makek things worse, our day in Raratonga was blustery -- they were selling fleece jackets at the storefronts. I have read about others that had a rough time during this leg of the cruise. You just have to hope for good weather -- that's out of everyone's control.

There is wet season and dry season. We visited during dry season -- and found some waterfalls otherwise lush spots sort of dried up etc. So there are advantages to both.

There's great info about the itinerary on this cruise. If I went again, I'd try to figure out how to settle all accounts and thank yous to crew and staff before the last day and then bail off the ship when it docks in Moorea for a few days of a land trip. We ferried back to Moorea after docking the last morning in Papeete -- that last evening and morning on the ship was unbearable -- I just wanted to be in Moorea. It was so wonderful -- a post cruise stay is an absolute must -- even if just two nights.

It's so beautiful there. You'll love it.

J

Archived