Machu Picchu vs Fulton - Which is better?

IWannaGetAway

We've heard very good things about Machu Picchu parking on this board, and their website and tripadvisor reviews look positive.  We are currently booked at Fulton Street roof level for an upcoming cruise in January.  We have parked at Fulton Street before and found it tight and a bit confusing.  We are also concerned about the street construction going on around Fulton that may make it more difficult to park.  We have also parked at the Julia Street whale lot.  We are traveling with a person who has some issues with mobility, and he had some difficulties at Julia Street when we parked there last time. 

My question is this - Should we attempt to cancel our Fulton Street reservation and book at Machu Picchu instead?  Would it meet our needs better?  It appears the price is near the same.  We are driving in from Biloxi, MS the morning of the cruise.  I've looked at all my documents from Fulton and do not see a cancellation policy so it may not be easy.  I would need to call them to see.

I would love to hear from some folks who have had experience with both lots.

Thanks so much in advance!

Road construction in the area is a pain. We pulled up on Diamond St and dropped off the luggage then parked the car. You can navigate the area around the construction to enter the garage. Down the elevators then on the shuttle, very simple. On return its different, dropped off on the opposite side with luggage, head up to get the car, on exit make 3 rights to the drop off area and they'll load your luggage then you're on the way. Simple and no issues. Still a good bargain. There are many employees to guide and advise around the construction as its going to go one for a couple of years.

I used Machu Picchu on my December cruise.  I loved them!  

First I got a call that morning to make sure I knew how to get there.  Once arriving you are greeted, bags unloaded.  I had a short wait for the van.  Once it arrived, loaded up and headed to port.  No waiting for anyone else.

Same when getting off the ship.  I called and within minutes van there, loaded up and arriving back to the lot, my car was out front waiting.  Bags loaded in my trunk and gone.

I have used Fulton several times and had no issues with them.  But love the fact didn't have to wait on others, line up to get my luggage in the van.  Will use them again if sailing out of New Orleans

9 hours ago, airlink diva said:

They have your car keys. 

Ok thanks ... not imposing my opinion on anyone else, but rules this parking place out for me.  I'm still leaning towards Fulton place then, but the roof top is definitely a long drive up ( of course that's $20 cheaper for a week than other levels and I don't know what other levels are actually included in the more expensive cruise rate)

10 hours ago, cruisegus said:

Ok thanks ... not imposing my opinion on anyone else, but rules this parking place out for me.  I'm still leaning towards Fulton place then, but the roof top is definitely a long drive up ( of course that's $20 cheaper for a week than other levels and I don't know what other levels are actually included in the more expensive cruise rate)

Understand.  I had to think about this part also.  No issues at all but I know everyone will not want to do so

I normally book Fulton rooftop which is $83 for 7 days...their covered is $106. Right now they have seasonally raised prices to $122 rooftop and $132 covered. Machu Picchu is $110 cash, $115 card. The port is $140. For my August cruise I’m going back to Fulton rooftop at the $83 rate but if I were booking parking spot for this month I would go with Machu Picchu or the port. Last month I weighed everything and did the country inn and suites park and cruise package since I needed a hotel as well.