Wind Spirit Tahiti cruise review posted

Petoonya

Very sorry to hear about your accident. I wonder how you manage with the day to day pain and restrictions. It's smart to wait til a few months before the cruise to decide on Coral Gardens. Bruno does a very modified version of Coral Gardens which I think you'd tolerate and it's much less intense-  also just one pass where the ship's is three. It might be more than enough for you. (We did it CG 3x last cruise, twice with WS and once with Bruno and were not bored). If you are water people and you feel healed enough to do it, go for it again with WS. Worth it.

I'd keep to water rather than do land on both Moorea and Bora Bora, while land people might disagree.

There is just one thing I need to mention about Tohora Bora Bora to come clean. We LOVED Simon's tour obviously, his enthusiasm and knowledge of places with tons of fish and no one around.....but we had a little problem with trying to get a partial refund from him when we had to cancel 3/12. The economy is terrible over there certainly. We had no problem with another provider on another island who responded that they were simply unable to refund. But I never heard a word from Simon after requesting. I am OK in light of how disastrous it must be over there, but would have been better ok if he responded. He's a good person and gives a great tour but I'm reluctant to book with him again. I'm going H2O Bora Bora as they are small,  6 passengers and under, same price. Number 1 Tripadvisor and I've seen them mentioned on CC more than few times. 1/2 day $110pp, full $220.

Yes- beach on BB. Matira Beach is lovely and just 5 miles from the port. You can catch a taxi. Nice way to round out the day after lunch on the ship. Although just the sports platform is great after lunch- lounging on their big floaty things or tubing. Keep in mind it's only open until 3pm.

I'm Nancy at petuniafish at gmail dot com. Sure hope you heal as time passes on. It has to be very frustrating. Take care and keep in touch. 🙂

• Like 1

18 hours ago, minidonuts85 said:

Fabulous @Petoonya thank you so much! For now anyway, looks like we are the only ship on all of our stops.

Motu Day-We will keep Coral Gardens in mind as our first choice. I suffered an incredible amount of soft tissue damage to my knees from a car accident and any bumping (into a rock or coral) would be painful and also dangerous. Heres to healing over the next 18-months!

Jet Ski-That's good insight and we are also water people. Wasn't sure if there was a "must do" on land. The water looks amazing and its likely we will choose to jet ski on day two. I cant recall if it was you who mentioned it but is there a beach nearby the port?

Raiatea-We are going to book with Bruno. Your review was so helpful and his tour looks amazing.

Thanks again and fingers crossed you are able to make it in April 2021!

OMG Minidonuts I just did it. I booked Wind Spirit for 5/24/21! The prices were so good I couldn't resist. Now the hope that they don't default.....will talk more later.

• Like 1

OMG Minidonuts I just did it. I booked Wind Spirit for 5/24/21! The prices were so good I couldn't resist. Now the hope that they don't default.....will talk more later.

Hey Nancy that’s awesome! The pricing is amazing right now; I had to do a double take because it thought it was a 7-night given the low rate!

Yes fingers crossed all goes well and these sailings actually happen! [emoji4]

Thanks for the tip also about Tohora. Sending a reply back to you at least would have gone a long way even if they’re unable to refund.

Deb

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Deb,

If we do end up doing the Aug 1 cruise you said you want to do Bruno in Raiatea. If we joined you would you be willing to drop his pearl and vanilla farm tours and substitute with more snorkeling?

Deb,
If we do end up doing the Aug 1 cruise you said you want to do Bruno in Raiatea. If we joined you would you be willing to drop his pearl and vanilla farm tours and substitute with more snorkeling?

Hey Nancy, Because it’s our first time, corny as it sounds we’d like to check out the pearl and vanilla farm. I hope you do book for Aug 1! It would be great to meet you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums