Hotel within walking distance of NOLA port?

littlemonkeymom

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/26/2018 at 11:33 AM, beaucajun said:

It's very doable. You may just have to fight the construction on Convention Center Blvd.  Quite a few within walking distance.

Do you have any suggestions of the best hotel(s) to stay at? I've never been to NOLA before. TIA :)

• Like 1

One common one is the Hilton New Orleans Riverside. It is in the middle of the Riverwalk Mall. Be aware there are about 20 steps (no elevator) up to the walkway, then about a half block of walking on the outside (but covered) walkway along the backside of the mall (facing the river) to the mall entrance. It's nice because there is no walking on sidewalk-less streets or through construction.

image.png.f35c8af3172d23a557d3cbfc943f10db.png

image.png.b70a59318a7ce24893f2a4cc100953aa.png

Replying to you right now from my hotel bed :). Holiday Inn Superdome is fantastic, I just signed on to post about it. $224 a night, tax included, for beautiful room with incredible beds and 8 days parking. 25 minute walk to port, I get that that is a bit much but we are taking an Uber. Just FYI in case you’re driving in. The Uber to the port is under ten minutes.

We stayed at The Marriott Convention Center last night. They have a cruise parking special...$15 per night in their secure underground parking. We stayed using points and the valet parking gal tipped us off about the special. Today we dropped off the luggage at the ship and then walked back from the Marriott.  When we depart the ship  in 11 days we will just walk to the Marriott from the ship. The area around the Julia Street terminal is a nightmare! We have a system with 4 bags and 2 carry-ons. We’ve used it all over the world. Walked close to a mile in Sydney...Madrid was a nightmare on the cobblestones. We are not young so we are fine as long as we don’t have to lift the two heavy suitcases. Fewer headaches walking to the terminal than dealing with the traffic.

On 1/6/2019 at 9:00 PM, nhraformula00 said:

Hilton Riverside is the closest. Short walk. Getting into this port by taxi is difficult because of its location. Lots of traffic. 

I’ll argue Marriott is  closer. Video evidence on the “walk to the port” thread on the New Orleans board will show it’s about a 5 min difference...and then you have to get your luggage downstairs from riverside.

Edited by Saint Greg

Yes maybe ,but walking from your hotel thru the mall ( indoors ) then about a half block outside on the riverwalk I would think is closer than walking around the convention center to get to the port. We stayed at the Marriott once and took a cab to the port, will never do that again. Took forever to go less than 2 blocks.

On 1/11/2019 at 5:24 PM, nhraformula00 said:

Yes maybe ,but walking from your hotel thru the mall ( indoors ) then about a half block outside on the riverwalk I would think is closer than walking around the convention center to get to the port. We stayed at the Marriott once and took a cab to the port, will never do that again. Took forever to go less than 2 blocks.

Nah you don’t have to walk all the way around the convention center..just to the corner at Julia, cross the street to the end of the riverwalk mall and follow that. 10min walk vs. 15min from riverside. 

10 hours ago, OHRiverRats said:

Saint Greg, we are staying at Staybridge and cruising with NCL.  I planned on getting an Uber to the port, but given the construction going on, would we be better off walking?  Assuming the weather is good. Thx. 

If you want to uber/lyft, uber/lyft. The driver will go around the construction. I don’t anticipate it being a big deal. My shuttle drivers got me to/from the port with no delays on my last two cruises...and I parked/stayed at the Marriott convention center a few weeks ago. Arrived on a NCL/Carnival day and left on a Carnival day and had no problems with traffic.

• Thanks 1

On 1/3/2019 at 11:49 AM, MandiesMom said:

Do you have any suggestions of the best hotel(s) to stay at? I've never been to NOLA before. TIA :)

We will also be on the April 28 cruise.  Have done several out of NO.  We usually stay on the outskirts the night before and hit the quarter.  Hotels downtown are pretty pricey and we'd rather get away from the downtown area.  It's pretty easy to get to the cruise ports from about anywhere.