Time required from Port to Airport in Rome

sun16

We are arriving back in Rome on Saturday June 1st on Holland Koningsdam and the flight we would like to book departs at 1:45 p.m.    Would this be enough time to travel to the airport including the few hours we would need to check in for an international flight?    Also, what is your preferred way to travel to the airport.  Thanks !

Travel time via private transfer is approximately 50 to 60 minutes. Personally, I would consider a private transfer. You didn't state what time your ship arrives in Civi but .... our ship arrived at 7am and we had plenty of time to make it for our 1 pm flight from FCO.

We feel comfortable with flights after 11am and have caught flights as early as 10 with no problem...but it's not something I would recommend.  A 1pm flight will leave you with a lot of time at FCO and just increase your hatred of airports :).

Hank

• 1 month later...
On 1/2/2019 at 6:57 AM, Hlitner said:

We feel comfortable with flights after 11am and have caught flights as early as 10 with no problem...but it's not something I would recommend.  A 1pm flight will leave you with a lot of time at FCO and just increase your hatred of airports :).

Hank

This and a private/shared transfer, transfer time 50-60 minutes with no traffic (weekdays!). Costs 120-130 Euro one way. There's no efficient way of public transport at Civitavecchia.

6 hours ago, FreestyleNovice said:

This and a private/shared transfer, transfer time 50-60 minutes with no traffic (weekdays!). Costs 120-130 Euro one way. There's no efficient way of public transport at Civitavecchia.

When we have done transfers from the port (Civitavecchia to FCO) we always advertise on the CC Roll Call for others who want to join us at the same transfer time.  It usually takes less then an hour for me to find 2 other couples (I like the extra space we get with only 6 in a large van) which gets the cost down to about 30€ per person.   With 4 persons the cost is still below 40€ per person.  This is actually cheaper then the transfer cost charged by many cruise lines....when one must wait around until a bus gets filled and often get dropped at the wrong location at FCO.  

You are correct that there is no "efficient" public transit way...although one can certainly do the transfer via the train.  But this does mean two shuttle buses (to get to the Civitavecchia station) and a change of trains.

Hank