Galveston parking

Luvcruisin76

On 7/5/2019 at 2:01 PM, 4133raw said:

They wrote back from Falstaff...

"Good afternoon Ms...….

You are correct we are not sold out for February, 2020 but it is not available for booking just yet.  The cruise lines issue out a final port of call itinerary in August each year for the following year and that is when we will enable bookings for then."

Thank you for this! I just did a mock price search and it told me they were sold out as well. I thought wow they grew pretty quick. 

Quick question, Anyone parked a truck with travel trailer here or any other spots in Galveston? I will call Falstaff in August but need back ups just in case. 

I believe that the parking garage that is attached to the walk over connected to the Carnival terminal has hourly parking.  I can't remember the name of it but it is one of the port parking garages.

19 hours ago, GregD said:

Hoping you guys can help me with this one. I have to work onboard one of the ships this weekend but just for the day. Can anyone recommend an hourly parking site close by?

Your employer should know where you can park . 

On 6/15/2019 at 12:05 AM, chrismch said:

We usually come in a day ahead and have stayed at the Hotel Galvez and then covered parking for the week is $18. Here are all the other hotel options as well

https://www.galveston.com/parkandcruise/

Does anyone know which of the places on the linked list have an elevated parking garage?

5 hours ago, CruiseMomTX said:

Does anyone know which of the places on the linked list have an elevated parking garage?

Every hotel motel on Seawall has elevated parking . 17 feet

Harbor House and Tremont by terminals have elevated parking at Galvez hotel on Seawall, and has high rise parking garage. . 

Moody Gardens has high rise parking garage. 

Port has elevated parking across street from terminals. high rise garage

All others around near terminals are elevated to some nature and extent depending on locations . (some higher than others with elevated concrete pads ) 

But do homework on elevations these close by terminals.

Edited by ssb

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, deerose said:

I just tried to book this parking and they are sold out for the Jan. 18 cruise! WOW!

They may not have put them on the site yet. Someone tried to book for Feb recently and got the same error. They said they called and were told the 2020 dates wouldn't be available until sometime in august. I'd try back in a couple weeks.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/10/2019 at 5:22 PM, Saint Greg said:

They may not have put them on the site yet. Someone tried to book for Feb recently and got the same error. They said they called and were told the 2020 dates wouldn't be available until sometime in august. I'd try back in a couple weeks.

Still getting the same error. I contacted them and they said the same as before. Still waiting for final cruise itinerary. If they are not indeed sold out they may miss a window as some folks like to get parking out of the way early. Other sites have availability and they get the same port of call itinerary as Falstaff.

I used Falstaff today for the first time.  Very easy to get to.  Personnel on site were very friendly.  The shuttle was parked right there and let me tell you the shuttle’s A/C worked very well as it was quite hot.  I sat on the front row and for those that care there are lap belts.  Easy, stress free drive to the terminal and they have a specified parking space right in front of the terminal.  The driver told us that is the pickup point upon return.  

I usually drop drop off my wife and our luggage, drive to one of the close parking facilities and walk back.  Today I dropped her off, drove over and took the shuttle back.  I gotta say, I’ll probably never walk over again.  I certainly didn’t get as sweaty today (or wet when it’s raining).  So far I have no complaints.  I’ll report on the return next week.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 9/6/2019 at 6:00 PM, lifes-a-beach said:

I used Falstaff today for the first time.  Very easy to get to.  Personnel on site were very friendly.  The shuttle was parked right there and let me tell you the shuttle’s A/C worked very well as it was quite hot.  I sat on the front row and for those that care there are lap belts.  Easy, stress free drive to the terminal and they have a specified parking space right in front of the terminal.  The driver told us that is the pickup point upon return.  

I usually drop drop off my wife and our luggage, drive to one of the close parking facilities and walk back.  Today I dropped her off, drove over and took the shuttle back.  I gotta say, I’ll probably never walk over again.  I certainly didn’t get as sweaty today (or wet when it’s raining).  So far I have no complaints.  I’ll report on the return next week.

Is it worth the hassle of getting into the long line of cars to drop off someone at the ship, THEN go park and take the shuttle?

When the shuttle gets to the terminal, does it have to get into the same line of cars that are just dropping people off?

3 minutes ago, Kenster said:

Is it worth the hassle of getting into the long line of cars to drop off someone at the ship, THEN go park and take the shuttle?

When the shuttle gets to the terminal, does it have to get into the same line of cars that are just dropping people off?

No, it is separate from car drop off. There should be porters there to assist with luggage if needed. 

4 minutes ago, Kenster said:

they have their own parking spot right in front of the terminal. Here is my review from the day I used them.

https://saintgregtravel.com/vista-embarkation-day/

https://saintgregtravel.com/vista-debarkation/

7 minutes ago, Kenster said:

To me it is worth not having to handle our luggage virtually at all on the way in.  The line of cars dropping off isn't that bad and given that I'm sitting in a comfortable vehicle with air/heat and a great radio I wouldn't care if it was a little long.  Most importantly I don't have to tip the bus guys as well as the porters for handling the luggage.  Pull up in front of the terminal, set the bags on the driveway next to my truck, wife handles the tip money while I drive off.  Nothing to it. 

Shuttles have their own lane across the dropoff/pickup lane.