Barcelona DayTours private transfer/tour from airport?

poss

Has anyone done the pick-up from airport with half-day tour?   Since it's private, it's considerably more costly than the group tour of Barcelona, so I'm wondering if it's worth it.   (We happen to enjoy group tours more, but this other thing sounds convenient.)   Would love to hear from people who've done this combination, and whether they pretty much kept to the details of the group tour, or, in fact, did a number of different things than the "standard" tour.

Thank you.

Looking at description https://barcelonadaytours.com/tour-from-airport/ it appears to be 1 stop tour (Park Guell) with rest of attractions shown from the vehicle. Higher cost is for private service and not necessarily for more coverage. But it's a good idea for someone who arrives early AM and can't get into hotel till later. Most hotels keep luggage for free or in can be left in storage for small fee near plaza Catalunia.

Not more hours of coverage, but certainly the itinerary can be totally different from the group itinerary.   That's what I'd be interested in hearing about, i.e. whether people who've taken this tour decided to go a different route.

We did a half day tour with them but after our cruise.  We toured Montserrat and were dropped at our hotel. Really enjoyed.  The great weather we had made it even better. 

Have used them many times for various tours in Spain and Portugal 

I guess I don't understand your question.  If you decide to take a private tour , you can customize the itinerary to include sights YOU want to visit.  So are you looking for itinerary suggestions ?

As for  luggage .... I'd be worried about leaving my luggage in the van in plain sight if it's unattended, but for a short tour I think you'll be doing drive-bys with quick photo opps, not going inside buildings for lengthy tours, so the driver will always be with the car.  Something to consider tho as you work on an itinerary.  

We arrive a couple of hours before the hotel's offical check-in time, so we will leave our luggage with the front desk then find a bakery/cafe on Las Ramblas so we can enjoy a coffee and people watch.

We are signed up to do this after our upcoming cruise in June.  We'll get picked up, take a half day introduction tour to Barcelona, and then get dropped at the airport in the early afternoon.

Barcelona Day Tours did agree to customize our tour to include a guided stop at La Sagrada Familia, plus a sit down lunch.  Those were the two things that I personally was most interested in for our first visit to Barcelona.   They gave us the option to have a driver-guide or a driver with a separate tour guide.   They also allowed us to extend the tour from 4 hours to 5 hours by paying a reasonable supplement.  

So I can't vouch for them personally yet, but I can tell you that they were very happy to customize our day according to what our family's priorities were.   I have been very pleased with their prompt and polite communications, and look forward to a great day with them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...