Date of first payment question?

Jenner9

I booked a cruise on NCL Escape awhile ago during their $1 deposit sale. So Ive actually only paid $4 so far. In researching travel insurance it asks for the date of first deposit. Do I use the date I paid the $4? Obviously if I lose that it isnt a big deal. Or should I wait to buy until I actually make  a payment or pay in full? I am already out of the normal purchase within 14 days for preexisiting conditions window. Will I still be able to get insurance that covers preexisting conditions?

25 minutes ago, Jenner9 said:

I booked a cruise on NCL Escape awhile ago during their $1 deposit sale. So Ive actually only paid $4 so far. In researching travel insurance it asks for the date of first deposit. Do I use the date I paid the $4? Obviously if I lose that it isnt a big deal. Or should I wait to buy until I actually make  a payment or pay in full? I am already out of the normal purchase within 14 days for preexisiting conditions window. Will I still be able to get insurance that covers preexisting conditions?

If the policy states that insurance must be purchased within <x time> of FIRST deposit, then that is what it means, NOT the date you "pay in full".

And I'm confused where you include "should I wait to buy until I actually make a payment" ("or pay in full").

If you paid a $1 deposit, then you "actually made a payment".

Not all policies have a 14 cay window to get coverage for pre-existing conditions.

Make SURE  that you read ALL the terms of the policy that YOU are planning to purchase (and preferably while there is still time to purchase something else if that policy doesn't meet your particular needs).

Note that there is at least one policy that covers pre-existing conditions if the policy is started within 24 hours of making the final payment (defined narrowly, of course).

This is why we always recommend working with a travel insurance broker such as

www.TripInsuranceStore.com

(That's who we use, after learning about it here on CC, but there are others.)

They can help you get a policy that does meet your needs, including for pre-existing conditions, assuming you start working with them early enough.

GC

Thank you. I guess I was just wondering if the dollar deposit counted as the deposit. Im not sure why I thought it wouldnt. LOL! It just feels like I didnt have to pay a deposit since it was so minimal and I booked it so long ago. I guess I already knew the answer when I was typing it just wanted confirmation.

Edited by Jenner9