Baltimore park & cruise hotels

beachgoddess

I have searched on here but not having much luck.  I'm looking for  a park & cruise Baltimore hotel that doesn't charge an arm & a leg & is in a safe area for pre-cruise nite.  We've stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Linthicum Heights before, but for whatever reason they are sold out for June 8th already.  I know there are quite a few hotels that offer this, but I'm not sure of the area they're in.  And I don't wanna park in a public parking area as I see some hotels provide.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you in advance!

7 hours ago, beachgoddess said:

I have searched on here but not having much luck.  I'm looking for  a park & cruise Baltimore hotel that doesn't charge an arm & a leg & is in a safe area for pre-cruise nite.  We've stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Linthicum Heights before, but for whatever reason they are sold out for June 8th already.  I know there are quite a few hotels that offer this, but I'm not sure of the area they're in.  And I don't wanna park in a public parking area as I see some hotels provide.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you in 

https://trinityreservations.com

On 12/29/2018 at 10:33 AM, beachgoddess said:

Thank you in advance!

Where will yo be driving from

On 12/30/2018 at 7:09 PM, PigsCanFly said:

We have done the stay & cruise at the Best Western + O'Donnell several times and plan to do it again in a few days.  It has been uneventful (a plus) and the shuttle is very good.

how was the return shuttle to the hotel on debarkation day? did you have to wait long for it? 

We stayed there last year and the return shuttle was fairly quick.  We had a smaller vehicle (SUV/Crossover) for the trip from the hotel to the port, but loaded on a very nice bus for the return to the hotel.  The bus was there waiting, but there was a short wait for it to be filled.  Our trip also had a much later than anticipated return so I don't know if that factored at all.

Both trips the drivers were professional and the vehicles were clean and comfortable.  We found it a reasonable wait for the convenience of only paying parking once since we stayed the night before.  Our next cruise was in more favorable weather (no chance of snow) so we just drove down the day of and parked at the port.  It was nice to leave right away to head home and not have the return to the hotel, but the hotel is easy on/off the highway and not much back tracking.

2 hours ago, pacruise804 said:

We stayed there last year and the return shuttle was fairly quick.  We had a smaller vehicle (SUV/Crossover) for the trip from the hotel to the port, but loaded on a very nice bus for the return to the hotel.  The bus was there waiting, but there was a short wait for it to be filled.  Our trip also had a much later than anticipated return so I don't know if that factored at all.

Both trips the drivers were professional and the vehicles were clean and comfortable.  We found it a reasonable wait for the convenience of only paying parking once since we stayed the night before.  Our next cruise was in more favorable weather (no chance of snow) so we just drove down the day of and parked at the port.  It was nice to leave right away to head home and not have the return to the hotel, but the hotel is easy on/off the highway and not much back tracking.

thank you sounds good. oh when you parked at the port was that ok as well? was it very far from the port? maybe like parking at an airport with shuttles?

On 12/30/2018 at 7:09 PM, PigsCanFly said:

We have done the stay & cruise at the Best Western + O'Donnell several times and plan to do it again in a few days.  It has been uneventful (a plus) and the shuttle is very good.

Another vote for the BWP.  It is not the most elegant hotel I've ever used but for an overnight stay + cruise parking + shuttle to/from the port, I can't think of anything better.  We cruised Dec 21- Jan 3 with 1 night stay.  The bill was $182.  I think it's a bargain.

36 minutes ago, Donfairview2001 said:

thank you sounds good. oh when you parked at the port was that ok as well? was it very far from the port? maybe like parking at an airport with shuttles?

Everything is very compact when driving in to the port.  You will be directed to luggage dropoff lane; just unload whatever you want sent through.  Then follow the directions to parking.  Pull up to the payment cashier, pay, and be directed to parking space. From there it is just a short walk to the terminal.

• Like 1

On 1/4/2019 at 3:31 PM, Donfairview2001 said:

There was a bit of a hold up to get parked (shuttles, taxis, etc have an express line).  Once we actually got past the initial wait area and fully into the parking it was quick and as shipgeeks indicated.  There is a separate door for Priority/FTTF and general passengers, so watch for that. 

There was a trailer with restrooms in the parking lot, not the greatest but still a nice option.  There were steps to get in - I don't remember if there was an accessible unit separate from it or not.  There are of course restrooms inside the terminal too, but I think you need to get through line before you would have access to them.

BW O'Donnell St. is very close to the port - 4 miles according to Google Maps.  This morning lists the time as around 20 minutes, but also shows a crash (I think it was around 10 when we went).

If you park at the port, it is $15 per night.

If you have cash, there is normally a cash line that is shorter and faster.

If you are driving down the night before, the park and cruise makes sense.  If you can arrive the morning of, the park and cruise may be more than parking at the port.

We have stayed at the Best Western Plus on Dorsey Road in Elkridge, MD twice and found it to be a nice place for a pre-cruise stay.  They offer a free shuttle to the cruise port, and there is an restaurant adjacent to the property.  We found the best price for the park and stay package through Trinity Reservations, as mentioned earlier.

On 12/29/2018 at 10:33 AM, beachgoddess said:

Thank you in advance!

Best western elk ridge Maryland. Booked with trinity reservation on line. $136.00 for room parking breakfast. Recently refurbished. Sauna and indoor pool. Safe area.

Timbuktu Restaurant was right down the road with excellent Maryland crab cakes. Next trip we will use again. Cars parked in spot outside hotel. Great shuttle.

On 1/12/2019 at 3:13 PM, cementhands said:

Best western elk ridge Maryland. Booked with trinity reservation on line. $136.00 for room parking breakfast. Recently refurbished. Sauna and indoor pool. Safe area.

Timbuktu Restaurant was right down the road with excellent Maryland crab cakes. Next trip we will use again. Cars parked in spot outside hotel. Great shuttle.

So you're saying that if I book Best Western Elk Ridge through Trinity Reservations, I will still leave my car parked at the Best Western parking lot and not a remote offsite location?

3 hours ago, Amish Cruiser said:

So you're saying that if I book Best Western Elk Ridge through Trinity Reservations, I will still leave my car parked at the Best Western parking lot and not a remote offsite location?

Yes, that was our experience both times we stayed there.

On 1/14/2019 at 12:03 PM, Amish Cruiser said:

Yes. If you go to trinity reservation website it explains the facts. TripAdvisor and yelp are helpful for reviews of hotel and restaurants. I try to research any recommendations I find on cruise critic as these are personal opinions and information including my own. Things change. Trinity reservation has the lowest prices and great customer service if you call them. My opinion only.

20 minutes ago, cementhands said:

Yes. If you go to trinity reservation website it explains the facts. TripAdvisor and yelp are helpful for reviews of hotel and restaurants. I try to research any recommendations I find on cruise critic as these are personal opinions and information including my own. Things change. Trinity reservation has the lowest prices and great customer service if you call them. My opinion only.

I made a reservation request 2 days ago on their website but have heard nothing. Will give them a call later this morning.

• 5 weeks later...
On 1/16/2019 at 2:47 PM, Amish Cruiser said:

I made a reservation request 2 days ago on their website but have heard nothing. Will give them a call later this morning.

I've just had the same experience.  Not receiving an immediate acknowledgment, I sent an email. I then called them yesterday and was told they were sorry for the delay but that the hotel had not forwarded the information. I was promised a follow up email later that day but have yet to receive this.

Meanwhile, the money has been deducted from our CC.  How long should I wait before cancelling?  We sail in July so we do have time.

5 hours ago, dutchclogs said:

I've just had the same experience.  Not receiving an immediate acknowledgment, I sent an email. I then called them yesterday and was told they were sorry for the delay but that the hotel had not forwarded the information. I was promised a follow up email later that day but have yet to receive this.

Meanwhile, the money has been deducted from our CC.  How long should I wait before cancelling?  We sail in July so we do have time.

Unfortunately, my situation turned out to be my own fault. I typed my confirmation email address incorrectly; hence the email never arrived.  A quick phone call cleared everything up nicely. They were very courteous and professional.  I'd call them again.

Good to know AC. Just to follow up, just after I sent a second email I received an email copying confirming booking details email sent the previous evening.  It's a mystery what happened to the earlier email as the address was correct. 

However, I was impressed that a couple of hours later I received a phone call from Trinity to check that I had seen the email(s).

I agree they are  very courteous and professional albeit there does seem to be a glitch with automatic acknowledgements!

Just stayed again at best western plus elk ridge Maryland and was perfect. Drove down in ice and snow storm so once I parked the car I hit the sauna and pool. Very clean and wonderful. Free WiFi so I checked out Stainglass pub right next door. Yelp reviews were excellent. We walked over. My wife had 2 crab cakes and Caesar salad$25. I had Bowl of crab soup and chowder mixed and helped her. Excellent. 20 ounce coors lite $5. 

Excellent food and service. Shuttle bus was great both ways.

Trinity res. $136.00.

Safe clean perfect.

• Like 1