Visas for Sri Lanka

Landlubber 101

18 hours ago, Landlubber 101 said:

Hi there,  firstly apologies if this I a topic that has been dealt with already,  but,  do we need transit visas for our stops in Sri Lanka ?  I have read the list of countries regarding visas,  but there is mention elsewhere of a  transit visa.    Advice  welcome.

Earlier this year I joined a cruise during it’s port stop in Colombo.  Those already onboard had their transit visas processed by the cruise line but in order to fly in and transfer to the port I had to process my own transit visa on line.   It’s a very easy process and if I remember correctly it was free but check with your cruise line first as they may get blanket coverage for all passengers onboard that will be in transit..

Anne..

21 minutes ago, Jayayeff said:

Earlier this year I joined a cruise during it’s port stop in Colombo.  Those already onboard had their transit visas processed by the cruise line but in order to fly in and transfer to the port I had to process my own transit visa on line.   It’s a very easy process and if I remember correctly it was free but check with your cruise line first as they may get blanket coverage for all passengers onboard that will be in transit..

Anne..

Just to add to my post above.  The free transit visa is only valid for 48 hours so if you have multiple stops and will be in Sri Lanka for more than 2 days then you will need a ETA tourist visa which can also be applied for online but there is a charge of $35..  This is the link to the official government visa site that I used to process mine..

https://www.eta.gov.lk/slvisa/visainfo/center.jsp?locale=en_US

Anne..