Target, Not Wal-Mart On My Legend Cruise

parafire

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by F5Loar:
This sounds a little redundant but if you have to shop at a WalMart I doubt you could afford any cruise nor are you likely to even think you want a cruise. I doubt those type even have suitcase to pack for cruise and forget the suit on formal night. If you shop WalMart out of choice to save money you probably could afford a cruise. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And just how do you know exactly who is shopping at WalMart because they have to, and who is shopping there to save money so they can cruise? Cruising is a very affordable vacation for the entire family, kids included ....Much more affordable and enjoyable than most land vacations. Some areas do not have an overabundance of stores to chose from, and there is no requirement that cruise clothing be purchased at Saks 5th Avenue. All discount stores bring healthy competition to our markets, and there is nothing wrong with that.

[img]http://members.lycos.nl/Radio2fans/ex/darla.gif[/img]

[img]http://skins.hotbar.com/skins/mailskins/img/Sea___/Sea___related_Party_in_canoe_prv.gif[/img]
Proud member O.A.T.C.
Fantasy 4/94
Sensation 3/99
Fascination 12/99
Imagination 6/2001
Glory 8/2003
Victory 11/2003
New Year's Ecstasy 12/29/03
Triumph 3/2004

If you watch the WalMart shopper go to their car and their chrome wheels cost more than the
car, they can't afford a crusie nor ever had the thought of taking a cruise. It's the 50% of the US people live in a bubble theory.

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2003;07;19;13;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
Till we sail on the Zuiderdam

Til we sail on the Mariner of The Seas RCL
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=808000&cdt=2004;3;7;12;01;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
until we sail on the Disney Wonder
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ff00&cdt=2003;10;09;12;01;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
til we sail the ms Maasdam
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=808000&cdt=2004;05;29;11;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

Why in the world is this tread still going on. Who gives a rats butt where you buy your clothes at. The point is that we are on a cruise. It don't matter if your clothes came from the yardsale down the street or the best store in New York. This site is about cruising people. Not about fashion or where it came from. And if you must know...I work for wal-mart and been there for almost 17 years now. Get over it people...enjoy life...its to short to worry about what someone is wearing and where it came from.

Sensation 2002
Glory 2003

Why is this thread still going on you ask? well you read it and added your two cents worth didn't you? Enough said.

Carnival _______ 11/04 - Haven't decided on a ship yet!!!!!!
Carnival Legend 2/03 ( had to cancel at last minute)
Carnival Pride 4/27/02
Sitmar Fairsea 4/ 1983 ( I was just a little kid!!)

F5 - What is the deal with those tacky rims? I just don't get it. [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Carnival Pride 4/27/02

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by F5Loar:

If you watch the WalMart shopper go to their car and their chrome wheels cost more than the

car, they can't afford a crusie nor ever had the thought of taking a cruise. It's the 50% of the US people live in a bubble theory.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Be careful how you judge people. As my husband, who sold automobiles for 14 years quickly learned, one could never tell just who was able to pay for their brand new car with cash from the pocket of their overalls. It's a lesson all of us could stand to learn.

darla.gif

Sea___related_Party_in_canoe_prv.gif

Proud member O.A.T.C.

Fantasy 4/94

Sensation 3/99

Fascination 12/99

Imagination 6/2001

Glory 8/2003

Victory 11/2003

New Year's Ecstasy 12/29/03

Triumph 3/2004

Basket - that is totally true. I remember when I was shopping for a new vehicle. I was ignored at the Mercedes and Volvo dealership, treated so-so at the Infinity dealership, and treated very well at the Jaguar dealership. Guess where I bought my new car at? Yep - Jaguar. I dressed well, but being young, some idiotic sales people assume that you don't make good money. Their loss. I am very happy with my car, and they guy that took me seriously got a pretty commission.

But in this day and age, first impressions do mean a lot - that's just how it is. If you dress like a slob, and wear dirty ratty clothes, people aren't going to take you seriously or think that you are a professional. Is it right? Not necessarily, but it's the truth. Think about it - when shopping for a new hairdresser, are you going to go to someone with ratty hair or somebody with sleek healthy hair? Is somebody going to hire someone who shows up for their interview in a business suit or jeans and a t-shirt? If you can't take the time to make yourself look presentable and take care of yourself then how well are you going to perform in the workplace? If people can't take the time or effort to make themselves look presentable, then people just aren't going to look at them in the same light as they would somebody in a crisp, clean suit or dress.

Carnival Pride 4/27/02

Some of the comments made on this thread are really disturbing. I am of the opinion that to shop anywhere to save money is the smart thing to do. For "those people who have to shop at Walmart", I am glad that there is an outlet that provides products and services at an affordable price for those who have limited means. Don't we wish we could all shop at Neiman's and Saks. I'm sure those who can only afford to shop at Walmart are grateful to get as much for their dollar as they can.

We can criticize people who shop at Walmart and classify them as somewhat lesser than ourselves. That is easy to do. How many of us do not look for a bargain every time we shop?

How many of us when buying a car do not try to get the least possible price?

How many of us don't head for the sale racks when we walk into Neiman's and Saks?

How many of us when shopping for our cruises don't try to get the best possible price?

How many of us once we have paid for our cruises do not try to get ship board credit or refunds once the price has been lowered?

How many of us smuggle booze in our suitcases to save money so that we can spend it on other things?

How many of us actually do shop at upscale stores and can make our purchases in cash?

Ask yourself this question: If you purchase something and cannot pay cash and have to put said purchase on a charge card (because this is the only way you can pay for it) and take several months to pay for it can you really afford it?

It seems that in some way or another we all want to feel superior to someone. But to critize people because they choose or have to shop at a particular retailer is just shameful. We should be grateful that Walmart offers something for those on limited income to provide for their families.

Walmart does not advertise itself as anything but a discount store. I live in Houston and the considered "finer" department stores i.e. Dillards and Foleys offer better merchandise and higher prices and stores themselves often look like bargain basements. They employ fewer people (and they don't pay any better) God forbid you need any assistance because these stores are just not well staffed any longer. Their so called sales associates have been become glorified cashiers.

One more thing. For those of you on this thread that have bashed "the Walmart shopper", and cruise Carnival and take offense when cruisers of other Cruise lines criticize those of us who do sail Carnival because we "can't" afford thier cruise lines you are no better.

Respectfully,

Arlene

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ilionite65:

When did Dillards become one of the "better" dept. stores?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

When they (Dillards) declared themselves so.

There are many people that sail on Carnival, not because they can't afford to take a Crystal Cruise, but because there are few cruiselines out there that offer a fun atmosphere. The only ones that seem to cater to the younger set are Carnival, RCCL, and Disney. I will not sail Disney because I prefer not to have hordes of kids around, and I choose not to sail on Crystal, HAL, or Celebrity because I don't want to be bored to death. At this time of my life, I will only sail on Carnival or RCCL- I find them both to be in the same ballpark price-wise.

Arlene is right - it is smart to save money. I just don't want to get all stressed out doing so - it's not worth it to me - that's why I choose Target over Wal-mart which is what I thought this thread was about. I am just very turned off by the whack-o's hassleing people for money in front of Wal-mart, and in my personal experience, I find Target a much more pleasant place to shop because all of the Wal-marts I have been in have been messy, disgusting, and it seems that it attracts some very "interesting" people who I would rather avoid. Just my PERSONAL experience. I know that there are smart, budget-minded people that shop there as well, but since I run in, and run out of that place to get my prescription, I don't really notice them.

Carnival Pride 4/27/02

Yeah, I never was a big fan of Dillards either. When I had to live in New Mexico for work reasons, that was the only half-way decent department store around, I bet the local Wal-mart had cleaner bathrooms than that place! icon_eek.gif

Carnival Pride 4/27/02

Archived