Cruise Programmes on TV This Week

jocap

If you missed today's programme on Channel 5 about Freedom OTS, it's repeated on Wed. 2nd at 7pm. again Channel 5

Thursday 3rd, 8.30pm, on ITV, The Cruise returns for a new series, with Majestic Princess.

Friday 4th, Channel 5, 9.00pm- a new Jane McDonald series- Cruising Down Under.

Such a lot of cruise programmes for the New Year! :classic_biggrin:

Ray- the date was 2007 at the end of the film, and it was about her first ever NYE! We remember seeing Freedom in Southampton when she'd just arrived from the shipyard, and her first season was out of Soton… we were on the Aurora,  March 2007, and the captain drew attention to the 2 new ships we were going to pass. One was Ocean Village 2, where our TA was spending the weekend to check her out, and the other was the biggest cruise ship etc.

We thought we'd seen this programme before, because we've seen the passenger officer ( the British woman), but realised it must have been on a different programme.

We were amazed at her story of the 8 year old left behind when her mother missed the ship- I remember the NCL story, but this story was new to us.😮

Ah, that explains it. I didn't look at the date the prog was made.

The Princess programme tonight was a bit of an eye-opener regarding the games they play on board. Not too bothered about elf & safety it seems.

• Haha 1

The entertainments folk were trying to show off to the cruise director all the time... I enjoy these programmes because it's usually from the crew's angle, rather than too many guests... but some cruisers don't like this.

No Jeremy, the receptionist this time, but Scott the engineer was on other Princess ships in earlier series.

On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 9:14 AM, jocap said:

If you missed today's programme on Channel 5 about Freedom OTS, it's repeated on Wed. 2nd at 7pm. again Channel 5

Thursday 3rd, 8.30pm, on ITV, The Cruise returns for a new series, with Majestic Princess.

Friday 4th, Channel 5, 9.00pm- a new Jane McDonald series- Cruising Down Under.

A great start to the year.

On 12/29/2018 at 10:14 PM, jocap said:

There certainly are.  Do not forget the daily documentary on CBS Drama (Freeview Channel 71) about Princess Cruises at 6pm weeknights.

Regards John

• Like 1

One for MicCanberra: Last night's programme about the inaugural cruise Shanghai to Sydney, on Majestic Princess, showed the reception desk overwhelmed by Australians queueing to find out why their credit cards were rejected... it was because the date on the Oz card is the wrong way for the American line, so the machine couldn't accept them.

I don't know if it was d/m/y/ or what- I know that America puts the month at the front.

2 hours ago, jocap said:

One for MicCanberra: Last night's programme about the inaugural cruise Shanghai to Sydney, on Majestic Princess, showed the reception desk overwhelmed by Australians queueing to find out why their credit cards were rejected... it was because the date on the Oz card is the wrong way for the American line, so the machine couldn't accept them.

I don't know if it was d/m/y/ or what- I know that America puts the month at the front.

Well I am not sure  what happened there but our cards usually have a MM/YY expiry date on the card, I thought it would be the same worldwide ( I do have an US credit card as well).

1 hour ago, john watson said:

Did they mention that Australians refer to Majestic Princess as "Madge?"

Regards John

We do, I was supposed to be on her last November but we were offered a 'Move over offer' which we accepted. We are now booked on her for February 2020, couldn't say no to a 'free cruise and upgraded cabin' especially as we had no flights involved and were not travelling with any friends or family.

• 2 weeks later...

Jane has finished her tour of Australia (including camels and crocodiles), but there's an extra programme on Friday, of a cruise round the Greek Isles.

Channel 5, 9pm.

Hoping it might be on Celestyal...

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, amajaa said:

Had to smile at the Cruise from yesterday. The American lady from Cruise Critic walking around critiquing the buffet. What was that all about, just enjoy the cruise instead of trying to find things wrong. 

I wondered if Princess only listen to her and added crepes to the breakfast buffet because the TV crew were filming.

6 minutes ago, Bloodgem said:

I wondered if Princess only listen to her and added crepes to the breakfast buffet because the TV crew were filming.

Possibly, I just got the impression she thought she was something special but as you say it was most likely done for the TV program. Personally I would much prefer eggs to crepes especially for breakfast, but I guess that is an American thing like the endless pastries they try and get you to take when in the MDR on Royal Caribbean. 

The programme did mention that Princess take notice of Cruise Critic... but yes, I thought the TV cameras had something to do with it.

The sail in to Sydney was brilliant, with the ship's path marked out with flares.

19 hours ago, john watson said:

Tonight's Princess documentary in the UK showed Island Princess doing a Pacific to Atlantic Panama Canal transition.  Lots of good detailed shots showing the "Donkeys" on the older locks.

Regards John

Which channel was this on?  

Next Monday (18th) Channel 5 are showing a documentary following the MSC Seaside.  All these programmes are sheer torture at the moment because until DH is better we are not going anywhere any soon.  Really don't know why I'm even watching them. 😯

19 hours ago, john watson said:

Tonight's Princess documentary in the UK showed Island Princess doing a Pacific to Atlantic Panama Canal transition.  Lots of good detailed shots showing the "Donkeys" on the older locks.

Regards John

What Chanel/time is that on please? We have been watching the recent  The Cruise which was the Princess ship sailing from Shanghai, I think it was, to Australia.

Reference recent conversation in here I do find Americans tend to use the Roll Calls more. When we have been on a RC ship or Princess or even Cunard the Rolls Calls are much fuller. On The P & O Roll Calls you are lucky to get anyone else posting in your Roll Call thread.  It’s a shame really as it’s nice to chat online before you sail even though you probably won’t even meet up on the ship. 

1 hour ago, amajaa said:

What Chanel/time is that on please? We have been watching the recent  The Cruise which was the Princess ship sailing from Shanghai, I think it was, to Australia.

Reference recent conversation in here I do find Americans tend to use the Roll Calls more. When we have been on a RC ship or Princess or even Cunard the Rolls Calls are much fuller. On The P & O Roll Calls you are lucky to get anyone else posting in your Roll Call thread.  It’s a shame really as it’s nice to chat online before you sail even though you probably won’t even meet up on the ship. 

18.00 CBS Drama weeknights in UK channel 71 on my freeview set.

Regards John