Tokyo taxi

robcruz

Between US$150 and 200, depending on traffic.

Travel time about 45 minutes, once again depending on traffic.

Limousine bus for the same trip costs about US$30 per person and takes about the same time.

Express subway train from Nihon-Odori station (in front of Yokohama Cruise Terminal) to Shibuya Station costs 480¥ per person and takes 29 minutes.

Taxi from Yokohama Cruise Terminal to Yokohama Station costs about 1500¥ and takes about 10 minutes. JR train from Yokohama Station to Shibuya Station costs around 800¥ per person and takes about 35 minutes.

On 12/30/2018 at 5:14 AM, BruceMuzz said:

Between US$150 and 200, depending on traffic.

Travel time about 45 minutes, once again depending on traffic.

Limousine bus for the same trip costs about US$30 per person and takes about the same time.

Express subway train from Nihon-Odori station (in front of Yokohama Cruise Terminal) to Shibuya Station costs 480¥ per person and takes 29 minutes.

Taxi from Yokohama Cruise Terminal to Yokohama Station costs about 1500¥ and takes about 10 minutes. JR train from Yokohama Station to Shibuya Station costs around 800¥ per person and takes about 35 minutes.

I thought the limousine bus service was from/to the airports?   Where does it  pick up near Osanbashi port?

I am researching this for my own trip this summer and from what I have read, the limousine bus, like Nakita Express, arrives and departs from the Yokohama train station to Narita.  The Yokohama train station is about 3 miles from the Osanbashi cruise terminal.  We are planning to take a taxi from the Yokohama train station to the cruise terminal.  Look up Nakita Express bus on Google and you will find this info.  Narita to Yokohama train station is about $40 per person.  I have taken this bus before and it is a very comfortable ride.

3 hours ago, Mtngirl2 said:

I am researching this for my own trip this summer and from what I have read, the limousine bus, like Nakita Express, arrives and departs from the Yokohama train station to Narita.  The Yokohama train station is about 3 miles from the Osanbashi cruise terminal.  We are planning to take a taxi from the Yokohama train station to the cruise terminal.  Look up Nakita Express bus on Google and you will find this info.  Narita to Yokohama train station is about $40 per person.  I have taken this bus before and it is a very comfortable ride.

Bruce Muzz' reply indicated that there was a limousine bus service between the Port of Yokohama and Shibuya.  That is what I was asking about.  I'm covered for my airport transfers, but still looking at alternatives to go from downtown Tokyo to Port of Yokohama to catch the ship.

Before we decided to stay in Yokohama, we were going to take a taxi from Tokyo hotel to Tokyo train station, then train to Yokohama train station, and from there a taxi (3 miles) to the port.  That seemed as the least expensive option and doable with our luggage.  Then we had a brainstorm and felt it was an easier option to go from Narita on the bus to the hotel in Yokohama (next to train station), and not have to deal with luggage on the train.  We are planning one day in Tokyo and two days in Yokohama and environs before cruise. Good luck and hope you find a good alternative for you!

If cruising out of Yokohama it is far more cost affective to arrive Haneda airport & get the limo bus to Yokohama.

Hotels are less expensive & a taxi to terminal a lot less than from Tokyo.

Many still think Haneda is still a domestic only terminal but this is no longer the case & many airlines have services to HND.

Including SQ from Singapore & several direct from USA.