JFK to hotel near Time Square

Jessieasanders

Taxi to all destination in Manhattan is a flat rate and depending on the # & size of luggage, you might all fit into one vehicle (especially if the dispatcher on duty at the airline terminal can find a minivan or SUV ... no extra/surcharge) + toll and tips.  

Uber/Lyft prices had been rising, in part due to regulatory surcharges.  Starting 12:01 am on January 1, 2019 - all for hired vehicle to/from Manhattan, south of 96th Street, river-to-river, that include Time Square & hotels, will carry a mandatory congestion surcharge of $2.75 ($2.50 in some cases, not recalling the details at the moment) - and, they charge by time/mileage & possibly other surcharges. 

If you are coming with a "generous" # of luggage & carry-on extras, better off with a car service or upgraded Uber - Carmel or Dial 7 might be more price competitive and they can confirm with a quoted flat rate, plus toll/surcharge & of course, tipping for services.  

Hi, I am staying at The Beekman which is in lower Manhattan, near Ground Zero.   I called the hotel and the Concierge said a cab from JFK is 60.00 flat fee...…...it is just me and I will have a checked bag and carry on.  I have never used Uber before but I think I will stick with a cab.

24 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi, I am staying at The Beekman which is in lower Manhattan, near Ground Zero.   I called the hotel and the Concierge said a cab from JFK is 60.00 flat fee...…...it is just me and I will have a checked bag and carry on.  I have never used Uber before but I think I will stick with a cab.

Add ons are tip, possible tolls, and any other surcharges. 

6 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Tip,  no problem.  I wonder why the hotel told me it was a flat rate of 60.00

From the NYC taxi website - it’s a “fixed” rate with add on surcharges.  Not knowing the variables of your particular trip, the hotel gave you a reasonable estimate of what the “flat rate” might be.  You may or may incur a toll.  You may or may not travel 4-8 pm on a weekday.

• To/From JFK and any location in Manhattan:
    • Onscreen rate is ‘Rate #02 – JFK Airport.’
    • This is a flat fare of $52 plus tolls, the 50-cent MTA State Surcharge, the 30-cent Improvement Surcharge, and $4.50 rush hour surcharge (4 PM to 8 PM weekdays, excluding legal holidays). 
    • Passenger is responsible for paying all tolls.
    • Please tip your driver for safety and good service

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

Good morning Carol, thanks...….my flight arrives at 1:30pm.  But it is what it is...….will pay whatever the price ends up being.

You’ve done all you can Lois. You have the taxi rules.  Tolls will depend on the route your driver takes.  You might go through the Midtown Tunnel or the Hugh Carey Tunnel which have tolls, but you’re going downtown, so your driver might use one of the free East River bridges. 

The max toll is $8.50 full rate or $5.76 EZ Pass.

Perhaps one of the New Yorkers who has actually done this trip can post their experience.