Port Canaveral hotel & Transportation

Abear2

I will be going on a cruise out of Port Canaveral. I am wondering if anyone can help with information

on a hotel that also has transportation from the airport to the hotel and back?

i went once before and I can’t remember which hotel did this! Thanks for any help.

44 minutes ago, Abear2 said:

I will be going on a cruise out of Port Canaveral. I am wondering if anyone can help with information

on a hotel that also has transportation from the airport to the hotel and back?

i went once before and I can’t remember which hotel did this! Thanks for any help.

I dont think any hotels in the Canaveral area does transportation to/from MCO.

You realize the airport is about an hour from the Canaveral area? No hotel is going to provide that transport, at least not for free. There are many options discussed here...staying near the airport and shuttling to the port is common. Shuttling or renting a car to get to the Canaveral area is another.

Actually some hotels do provide airport transfers but others here correctly stated that the Canaveral transport is not in a hotel van - airport transfers are outsourced to local transport companies.

For example - You can book an airport and port transfer with The Radisson (Cocoa Beach Shuttles do the airport transfer). Other hotels such as the Country Inn will ask you to contact a preferred partner (Smart-Two in their case) 

You can read more here: Important Radisson Hotel Information For Cruisers

www.goportcanaveral.com has some packages that include both hotel and transport.

What time does your flight arrive?  We prefer to stay in Orlando (1000's of hotels in every price range - lots of options near MCO with free shuttles) and usually use a one way car rental, allowing us the flexibility to stay, dine and shop where we want.  All of the car rental agencies in PC/Cocoa Beach will shuttle you to the port after you return the car.

Post cruise, unless you have a late flight (after 2:00) I would not bother with a shuttle and just use Cortrans or Cocoa Beach shuttle to get to MCO.

Have a great cruise! :classic_biggrin:

First question: are you flying in/out of Orlando or Melbourne?  Probably Orlando, but...(I have a dear friend who lives in Cocoa Beach and flies in/out of Melbourne - MUCH closer than Orlando)

A hotel may arrange a 3rd party shuttle for you, but definitely not complimentary, to/from Orlando.  It may be less expensive to book yourself, as the hotels (or the agents who do the booking) most likely get a "tip out" from the 3rd party, which is passed on as part of your rate.  (I can make $300/week in tip outs in the winter when I book transportation for guests).  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

A hotel may arrange a 3rd party shuttle for you, but definitely not complimentary, to/from Orlando.  It may be less expensive to book yourself, as the hotels (or the agents who do the booking) most likely get a "tip out" from the 3rd party, which is passed on as part of your rate.  (I can make $300/week in tip outs in the winter when I book transportation for guests).  

This is the full and complete answer...

55 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

First question: are you flying in/out of Orlando or Melbourne?  Probably Orlando, but...(I have a dear friend who lives in Cocoa Beach and flies in/out of Melbourne - MUCH closer than Orlando)

This is certainly true in general but Canaveral is often a bit different!

The Radisson shared shuttle for 2 = $50 whereas booking direct with Cocoa Beach Shuttle = $58. At least according to their online pricing!

Arriving on a 6:00pm flight into MCO what are some hotels near by for one night precruise? I'll then assume it's best to shuttle from hotel to the port day of cruise. We'll be an extended family of 6 adults and 4 children.

17 hours ago, Ashland said:

Arriving on a 6:00pm flight into MCO what are some hotels near by for one night precruise? I'll then assume it's best to shuttle from hotel to the port day of cruise. We'll be an extended family of 6 adults and 4 children.

So many choices around MCO, like JohninDC says.  Back in November, I needed a hotel for a quick overnight because I came in late to MCO and didn't want to drive to Cocoa Beach.  Burned some points to stay at the Hyatt Place Orlando Airport.  Not the best place I've stayed at, but not the worst.  A solid, serviceable family hotel.  Shuttle to/from MCO (you have to call, they don't rotate).  A block or two away you have an array of chain restaurants to choose from (I actually enjoyed Sonny's BBQ).  

May 2, 2020 (so lot's of time just wanted to get an idea). Budget is of no concern. Will probably need 3 rooms.

We've stayed at Hyatt Place in Fort Lauderdale and thought it was fine. What were your concerns with the MCO Hyatt?

Thanks JohninDC & slidergirl for your help.

3 hours ago, JohninDC said:

Hyatt inside MCO is macho expensive. :classic_ohmy:

Yikes...Really ? Well then maybe budget will be a factor since I'm paying for 3 rooms. But we do need convenience since we're flying in from the west coast and traveling with 4 under age 7 kiddo's that will be tired.:classic_ohmy:

Thanks everyone for your responses. I had booked a hotel with a transfer from airport to hotel, then to the cruise port and back the last time I flew into Orlando. I guess maybe they don’t do this anymore. I will check with Comfort Inn to see if this is no longer an option. 

We booked just last night a hotel, with airport pick up to hotel-Orlando to port Canaveral then drop off at cruise port in the morning and a week later pick up at pier and drop off at Orlando airport again. 

https://www.allcruisehotels.com/blog/port-canaveral-hotels-cruise-shuttle/

https://www.goportcanaveral.com/

fly, snooze, cruise.