Regent Air Deviation

KiscoB

47 minutes ago, Anna201213 said:

If we deviate one way only do we have to pay 175$ or less? I wish to deviate from  Montreal to Lisbon but not from Miami to Montreal for the return. I will accept the Regent air choice for Miami Montreal

Since you have to pay the full $175 Deviation Fee and you are taking Regent Air on your return from Miami, it won't cost you any more to deviate on your return to Montreal and thus choose your flights and not risk Regent putting you on an unacceptable or connecting flight rather than a non-stop you can choose.  If you wait until you get your return schedule, may be too late to choose a better flight at no additional costt.

• Like 1

another question on Air deviation.

would Regent allow say an outbound on say United and then a return flight on Air France?  I am driving myself crazy tryi g to get good times and connections.

thanks!

5 minutes ago, rallydave said:

Since you have to pay the full $175 Deviation Fee and you are taking Regent Air on your return from Miami, it won't cost you any more to deviate on your return to Montreal and thus choose your flights and not risk Regent putting you on an unacceptable or connecting flight rather than a non-stop you can choose.  If you wait until you get your return schedule, may be too late to choose a better flight at no additional costt.

Actually, Anna201213 wants to deviate from Montreal to Lisbon but not Miami to Montreal.  She will likely book her own air like we do and book the flights sooner than Regent will (we will book our Miami return for November 2019 this month ........ Regent does not open for deviated air until February 22nd).  

3 minutes ago, KiscoB said:

would Regent allow say an outbound on say United and then a return flight on Air France?  I am driving myself crazy tryi g to get times and connections.

thanks!

Don't see why not but, never hurts to just ask.  You don't pay anything until you accept Regent's flights so no harm, no foul putting that as #1 choice and then on or two second choices.  And even if they pick choice #3 your TA can go back and push for choice #1 with two different airlines.

4 minutes ago, KiscoB said:

would Regent allow say an outbound on say United and then a return flight on Air France?  I am driving myself crazy tryi g to get good times and connections.

thanks!

Not 100% sure but I believe that you can do this.  I have to ask one silly question ....... why would you want to fly United?  Another question, would your outbound United flight have a stop in the U.S.?  I ask because U.S. based airlines typically do and that portion of the trip would likely be in coach.

2 minutes ago, Travelcat2 said:

Actually, Anna201213 wants to deviate from Montreal to Lisbon but not Miami to Montreal.  She will likely book her own air like we do and book the flights sooner than Regent will (we will book our Miami return for November 2019 this month ........ Regent does not open for deviated air until February 22nd).  

No she doesn't, she clearly states that she will accept Regent Air choice for Miami-Montreal and why I suggested she choose her Miami-Montreal flight as long as she is already paying the deviation fee and no extra cost.

TravelCat, I just threw United out as an example. I will not fly United.

i am looking at Delta (AF) to go but do not see the return AF flight I want on Delta sight.  So I was just wondering if you can request different airline.  Of course, I can request anything, Will Regent accept.  Thanks again for your help.

9 minutes ago, KiscoB said:

thanks!

We are on a Barcelona to Venice cruise in April. We deviated and are flying United from SFO to BCN on United via Newark. I requested, and received Business Class on both legs. I chose that flight pair for the early arrival at BCN which allows us most of a day to tour Barcelona. 

Our return is on Air France, using Delta flight numbers. I don’t know off hand if the VCE to CDG flight is in Business Class, and really who cares?  CDG to SFO is nonstop and. Business Class. 

Before requesting the deviation I did my research on ITA Matrix (thanks TC2) and sent three options to my TA. The SFO-EWR-BCN routing was my first choice but only if we got Business/First Class on both legs. They honored that request with no problem.

The Air France flights back to SFO were my second choice.  My first choice was on United, just because I like my MileagePlus miles. Apparently Regent Air looks at each direction independently so the airline chosen for your outbound leg shouldn’t affect the choice of airlines for your return. 

All this talk about how bad United Business Class is has me a little nervous. I have always been sitisfied with the service I received in United Business and First Class. Possibly this is at least in part due to the fact That I have only flown in Business Class on United and Lufthansa. 

Our return fromVenice in April will be on Air France.  We’re taking a river cruise in October and our return flight is Swiss Business Class. Hopefully those two flights won’t ruin United for me. 

36 minutes ago, rallydave said:

No she doesn't, she clearly states that she will accept Regent Air choice for Miami-Montreal and why I suggested she choose her Miami-Montreal flight as long as she is already paying the deviation fee and no extra cost.

Let's try to clear this up.  The first sentence of her post was "If we deviate one way only do we have to pay 175$ or less?  To me this clearly indicates that her choice would be to deviate only one way.

The next sentence is: " I wish to deviate from Montreal to Lisbon but mot from Miami to Montreal for the return".  This sentence is straightforward and reinforces her desire to deviate only one way.

Finally, she posts "I will accept the Regent air choice for Miami Montreal".   I read this to mean that she would take Regent air but, based on her first and second comments, she will do this only if necessary.

I suppose it depends upon whether she wants to go coach (if Regent books it) or Business/First class (booked on her own using part of the air credit).

Edited by Travelcat2

5 minutes ago, jeb_bud said:

All this talk about how bad United Business Class is has me a little nervous. I have always been sitisfied with the service I received in United Business and First Class. Possibly this is at least in part due to the fact That I have only flown in Business Class on United and Lufthansa. 

Our return fromVenice in April will be on Air France.  We’re taking a river cruise in October and our return flight is Swiss Business Class. Hopefully those two flights won’t ruin United for me. 

From what I've read, Swiss Air could spoil you for just about anything.:classic_biggrin:

United is likely no worse or better than American or Delta Airlines - the issue with flying U.S. airlines is the stops within the U.S. which may be coach (unless you are fortunate enough to get one of the few seats in First Class for the domestic portion of your flight).

1 hour ago, KiscoB said:

thanks!

The answer is YES! We are flying out with Lufthansa and back with British Air with our confirmed deviation. Flights out of San Diego direct to/from FRankfurt/Heathrow with hops to/from Athens (also in business per confirmation btw) Over the moon as the other halfs for each if booking rt were ugly.

2 hours ago, rallydave said:

27 minutes ago, Anna201213 said:

Thank you for your suggestion to deviate for Miami Montreal . I will do it

You are very welcome Anna.  Just to be clear, your deviation fee will cover both flights.  There is always the possibility that one or both directions will have extra costs for the flights you choose.  If that doesn't work you can keep requesting different flights   Just looked and there is an Air Canada flight at 1215 that is non-stop.  The  only other non-stop appears to be AA at 7:42 so hope the AC works as that should be a good time with usual arrivals in Miami.  Otherwise looks like a connection.

Have a wonderful cruise and flights and glad to help.

2 hours ago, Anna201213 said:

Thank you for your suggestion to deviate for Miami Montreal . I will do it

Definitely the least expensive way to go.  

As an aside, it is rare that you would have to spend extra costs for flights - especially when you are deviating and there are so many flights still available.  We find it a bit odd that sometimes Regent approves Air Canada and other times do not.  This is likely due to which routes they contract with Regent for.  In any case, enjoy your cruise!

• 1 year later...

OLD topic but, let's see: signed up for Regent cruise June, 2021.  We live 1 hour from Austin and 3 1/2 hours from Houston.  Have designated IAH as our airport but is it worth doing research on flights from AUS?  Austin offers two direct Europe flights through British Airways and Lufthansa.  Will Regent allow flights from Austin and, if so, should I expect BIG increase in cost along with the $175 deviation fee? 

21 minutes ago, Texas Duck said:

Will Regent allow flights from Austin and, if so, should I expect BIG increase in cost along with the $175 deviation fee? 

Yes.  You may have 3 different fees to do so.

1. Air deviation of $175 pp that covers both directions.

2. Non-gateway city fee.  This is typically $249 pp, each direction.  Austin is not an included gateway in Regent's air program.

3. Air differential charge.  If the ticket cost is greater than the contracted rate between Regent and the airline, the extra fare is charged to you. Most times this is zero.

There is no charge to ask the air department for a quote.  If you like the terms and prices, you can accept.  Otherwise simply decline. 

1 hour ago, Anchorbuoy said:

Yes.  You may have 3 different fees to do so.

1. Air deviation of $175 pp that covers both directions.

2. Non-gateway city fee.  This is typically $249 pp, each direction.  Austin is not an included gateway in Regent's air program.

3. Air differential charge.  If the ticket cost is greater than the contracted rate between Regent and the airline, the extra fare is charged to you. Most times this is zero.

There is no charge to ask the air department for a quote.  If you like the terms and prices, you can accept.  Otherwise simply decline. 

Few additional thoughts, first of all terminology in that in airline speak direct and non-stop are two different types of flights.  Direct only means same flight number and at least one stop before getting to destination while non-stop means no stops before destination.

Have you lookes at San Antonio as same non-gateway issues as Austin or perhaps DFW not a lot further than IAH??  As far as additional flight costs.  Unlikely Regent has contracted seats from Austin or San Antonio as non Gateway cities so a greater possibility of a flight upcharge than from a Gateway City.

As Anchorbuoy said, no cost to simply ask Regent Air for pricing.as no commitment until you agree to the flights and pricing.

How far out can you ask Regent Air for a quote--as soon as flights become available or do you need to wait until 270 days out?  We have booked through the big box TA--do we need to make our request through them or can we contact Regent Air independently?  If the latter, can we find their contact info on RSSC.com?  

Sorry for all the questions--we're looking forward to our first cruise on Regent after having what would have been the first cancelled this year and waiting for the second to be cancelled in the next month or so.

Great information Anchorbuoy and rallydave.   Good info for my wife and me and we also have friends going on trip.

It looks like - pending a conversation with Regent - that it will be a IAH trip (just don't want to pay at least $1,000 for use of Austin).  Houston has several good nonstop flights to Europe - KLM (like the ceramic houses), Lufthansa, Air France and British Airways.   All 4 have 1 transfer flights.   Do you know if Regent supports all 4 airlines?

We end the cruise too late to get good flights home the demarcation day to Houston so would probably stay overnight and catch early early flights the next day to Houston.  Any suggestions or guesses if Regent would pick up business class for European portion of flights?

Again, thanks.

3 minutes ago, Texas Duck said:

Any suggestions or guesses if Regent would pick up business class for European portion of flights?

Likely but, no guarantee.  Have to remember Business in inter Europe flights are identical seats to coach with center seat blocked.  Not the first class seats on US Domestic flighs.

6 minutes ago, loriva said:

How far out can you ask Regent Air for a quote--as soon as flights become available or do you need to wait until 270 days out?  We have booked through the big box TA--do we need to make our request through them or can we contact Regent Air independently?  If the latter, can we find their contact info on RSSC.com?  

You have to wait until the 270 day mark and have to initially go thru your TA to talk to Regent Air.  That said, your TA can give you permission to talk direct to Regent Air but, has to communicate that to Regent at which time they should provide you contact information.

• Thanks 1