Cruises and dates to avoid with moderate sea sickness

Bmise

You can't predict what the seas might do ...so pick a time that works for you...and go for it.  There are medications to help IF it's rough.  We've had extremely rough seas sailing around the Bahamas in the spring....and then, the next trip,  (same time of year) smooth as glass.  It will be the same odds pretty much anywhere on any ocean!

• 3 weeks later...

I lucked out on the one transatlantic I have taken, only patch of rough water was when we reached the coast of Spain at La Coruna.  The water was like glass at times in transit in Spring.  Beautiful and warm when it was that calm.   I would avoid a northern crossing in late fall / winter - have read those are rocky and stormy.

I know from experience the Pacific coasts cruises have rough water.  Going past Cabo is particularly bad.  Did this cruise on (an upgraded, lol) cabin at the very front of the ship on my first cruise.  It was like riding a maliboomer with the extreme up and down motion - they kindly put me in a porthole cabin on a high deck way forward.  I wish I had declined it and stayed with my mid ship / mid deck inside cabin I had been assigned originally.  My name was Ralph on the days we went by Cabo - high speed and rough water.  So do take the advice of mid ship and lower deck to minimize how much you feel the ship motion.  The higher up, the more sway of the ship you get.  

You also may want to avoid hurricane season - this is basically 6 months of the year - but a time when more prone to tropical depressions or outright hurricanes.  This year begins June 1, ends November 30.