Interior Cabin - Level?

sparelink

My DW and I are planning a cruise for our 5 year anniversary. This is my 5 cruise and her 2. Her first trip we chose a ocean view room. I have done everything from a interior room to a balcony room myself. We do not spend a ton of time in our room, mainly only to sleep at night and change cloths so we are thinking we will save a little money and do a interior cabin. 

While booking we have the option to choose from rooms on level 3, 7-10. What are the benefits to choosing one of the higher levels? Is it just being closer to the action? Are they bigger or more quiet? 

There is no advantage unless it keeps you closer to venues you will use a lot.  Cruise lines have discovered people think higher is better, and midship is better, so they charge more for those cabins.  I usually don't choose an upper deck cabin, but was upgraded to one for my next cruise.  EM

I have not seen a difference in size of the cabins.  Your choice should depend on price and on where you spend your time on a ship. If you usually have meals in the MDR and go to the evening shows, there is an advantage in being on a lower deck. Particularly in the evening a lot of people are using the elevators. If you are trying to get one from a higher deck while a lot of people are doing the same thing, it can be frustrating. Lower decks are also convenient for embarkation and disembarkation, not only at the start and end of the cruise, but also in ports. Lower decks (particularly mid-ships) are more stable in rough seas.  I don't see much advantage in an inside cabin on the higher decks. If you go to the pool area, you would probably go there, spend some time, then go back to your cabin, rather than going out several times. You will probably see from my comments that I would choose a lower deck, but a cabin closer to the pool deck and the buffet area might suit you better.

Edited by Aus Traveller

There is no difference in cabin size between the categories.  I would pick a deck closest to where I plan to spend my daytime hours.  That's when you do most of you "back and forth" to the cabin.  Having something within a flight or two of stairs comes in handy.  Much faster than using elevators!