Athens airport?

phabric

First time traveling to Athens airport.  We will be arriving from Toronto, Canada on Saturday, October 19, 2019 at 11am.

How long does it take from getting off the plane to go through immigration?

Are the signs in English and easy to follow to immigration and baggage?

ATH is a pretty new airport, was opened for the Olympics and still feels very new. All signs are in English (I'm curious if anyone has been to an international airport anywhere that doesn't, I haven't on my travels to 50+ countries on all continents) and immigration is very easy to find.

You can't count on or bank on immigration times being a particular length. I've flown into ATH a few times but always been first off the aircraft at a time when no other international flights were arriving so can't provide much information there.

3 hours ago, fbgd said:

All signs are in English (I'm curious if anyone has been to an international airport anywhere that doesn't, I haven't on my travels to 50+ countries on all continents)

I agree; I've yet to fly in or out of an airport in a non-English speaking country that didn't also have signage in English.  Interestingly enough, in the Amsterdam airport the signage is ONLY in English.  Little to no Dutch to be found.

You will have no issue with language and signage in Athens Airport.  Like all other airports, immigration lines can vary.  We have been through Athens a few times.  The time required to clear immigration and exit have never seemed onerous to us. 

English is the language of international air travel, and the EU. No problem with English.

The time it takes to get through Immigration will vary like any airport. If a number of international arrivals have just occurred, it will be slower. 

I am not aware of any airport in the EU where Customs is not the red/green system. If you have something to declare, you go the red side. If not, you simply walk out the green side, takes no time at all. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2019 at 1:27 PM, waterbug123 said:

I agree; I've yet to fly in or out of an airport in a non-English speaking country that didn't also have signage in English.

Oh I have. They're small and generally in third would countries, but I've definitely done it.

Not anywhere in Europe, though.