Football Championship Game

2 minutes ago, Me at sea said:

Was just trying to find out in advance. 

They could pipe it anywhere and possibly change things at the last minute - very likely the main gathering places, like Playmakers and the pool big screen, will carry it.

9 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

They could pipe it anywhere and possibly change things at the last minute - very likely the main gathering places, like Playmakers and the pool big screen, will carry it.

Thanks for the high hopes!!  Hopefully it will be shown, and hubby will be able to watch it at sea.  (Better than box seats to me!!)

31 minutes ago, Me at sea said:

So, didn't realize we had booked on the same day as the game.  How can I find out if they will be showing it somewhere on the Mariner?

If there is only one game being played at that time, then they will probably have it on the pool big screen and some bars.  If it's not the only game at that time, then it's a crapshoot as to whether you will see the game in which you are interested.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Me at sea said:

So, didn't realize we had booked on the same day as the game.  How can I find out if they will be showing it somewhere on the Mariner?

What's the date and game you are looking for?  College or Pros.

If it's on it will be available in your cabin

My suggestion would be to go to Guest Services and ask if it is playing, and if not, request it.  Most of the cruise staff are actually not American, and are not necessarily familiar with how important football is to their American passengers.  We were just sailing over Christmas, and another group of Clemson Tigers(!!) had requested to the cruise director that it be played on the big screen by the pool.  They did play ESPN by the pool deck, but I had to go around asking several cruise staff - bartenders, security, etc. if they could get the audio playing.  We watched the first nearly three quarters with no audio, which was pretty lame.

But whether or not they are playing it on the big screen or in a public area, they have ESPN in the staterooms, so you can watch from there (where my father went when he needed audio).

When we sailed Navigator last year they showed many of the college conference championships so while I can’t say with 100% certainty, I’m confident they’ll be showing a game of that magnitude.  We also watched the final four basketball games the year before on board as well.