Help Needed from Host Dan or Laura S

Stumblefoot

Silver Cloud has been removed as a selection choice from the drop down menu in both the Meet & Mingle and Roll Call sections of the website.  Would you contact the powers that be at Cruise Critic tech support and inform them of the issue so that Silver Cloud is reinstated?

Hi folks.  Just an update to let everyone know that I heard from Laura and she indicated that since the Silver Cloud is an Expedition ship it has been removed from the Meet & Mingle section of the website since Silversea doesn't provide that service on board their expedition fleet.  Makes sense.

What I don't understand is why the Silver Cloud has been removed from the drop down menu on the "Find Your Roll Call" page when all of the other expedition ships in the fleet are listed there.  I will follow-up once I learn the answer.

15 hours ago, SJS-TX said:

Not sure why the Cloud is not included.

I have a feeling it is a programming issue that CC wasn't aware before now.  I'd bet when they removed the Cloud from the Meet & Mingle the code was somehow tied to the Roll Call as well, thereby deleting its entry on the drop down menu.

I sent a follow-up email message to Laura yesterday, so I'll be back when she replies.

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, LittleRedJohn said:

Unfortunate that we don't have a recall for the Cloud. We're sailing from Cape Town to Lisbon in latter March. Anyone else on that cruise? LittleRedJohn

Although Laura never responded to my additional follow-up email message and it appears Host Dan must no longer participate in these forums as he never chimed in, it appears that if you go into the listing of all cruise lines showing all roll call topics you can click the "Start New Topic" button under Silver Cloud.  See link here; https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/697-silver-cloud/

Obviously, the new topic will not appear in the Find Your Roll Call section of the website since Cruise Critic has removed Silver Cloud from the drop down menu.  But, at least there is a convoluted way to work around the missing functionality.