Azamara and Vietnam Visas? Bonnie could you consider also please?

lahore

Hi

Just seeking real experience on Azamara  in regard to Vietnam Visas.   I have been to Vn on several different cruise lines over the years and I know that practices vary.  I can get a visa myself, but it’s a hassle and if I don’t need to bother I won’t.  It’s one of those things that goes “oh, you didn’t need to go to that trouble, we just get a bulk lot done with the local authorites’.

So....can anyone tell me please what happened with Azamara on your cruise regarding Vn Visas?  Did the ship take care of them, or did you need to come with them?  I know it says in the Azamara contract that you need to come prepared, but in reality that is often not required and is just there to ensure that if things go pear-shaped Azamara is covered.  

1 hour ago, flyingshoes said:

US citizen, Viet Nam in December 2017, did not overnight off ship......Azamara took care of visa, can't recall if there was a charge.

Thank you.  Not planning to overnight either. 

In Vietnam on Quest last month.  Azamara provided the visa.  6 USD  per person charged to our shipboard account.  I believe there was a checkpoint for the paperwork just down the gangway when we disembarked in HCMC.

• 3 months later...

Question for Bonnie Mac Laird, Chief Blogging Officer for Azamara Cruises:

Will be on Azamara Quest in October 2019 which goes to 3 ports in Vietnam.

Will Azamara be selling the Vietnam Visas on board?  If so, how much?

Or, do I have to get a Vietnam Visa independently?

Thanks,

Michele

I understand your problem.  Last year I sailed on Celebrity Millenium to Vietnam.  A few months before sailing and after the final payment, we got an email stating that we could not board the ship if we didn’t have the required Vietnam visa when we embarked.  That email had a threatening tone. What were we to do?  Looked up Vietnam embassies locations.  San Francisco, Washington DC, and New York City.  Do not live in those cities. To travel to an embassy would take time and add expenses. Called the embassies, left messages, and got no responses. Contacted Celebrity.  The email was sent by mistake. It was intended for non US citizens.

As a US citizen, we were issued the Vietnam visa needed in the ship. We were told to bring 2 photocopies of our photo passport page.  There were two types of visas depending upon whether you stayed overnight off or on the ship. Both were inexpensive. Nobody looked at our visa or passport at any of our Vietnam ports. Enjoy Vietnam. It is a very interesting country. Bring lots of US dollar bills.