St-Maarten post cruise

Misty Morning

There is a great walk on Ils de Saintes that takes you to Plages Pompiers from the center of the town. This is a lovely bay beach, great swimming. It is about 1.5 km. When you go to the little Main Street take a left and take any of the side streets on the right up,  they will come to an end and take a left, you will go up and it will come to the end, follow the road to the right and it takes you to the beach. Pretty views as you climb up  ( not that bad as you go up, plentry of shade to stop under ) and once at the  top  you will probably meet the cows and goats. There are people selling water and sodas along the way but bring water. Very pretty, the walk is  down  hill going back. A few restaurants near the beach I have never tried them. We love this beach. I have some beautiful photos of the Surf from the hill. Also in town if you go right on the Main Street on the left is a very authentic tiny crepe stand, authentic I mean by they use the proper flour which is critical in crepe making, delicious, the man is grumpy but disregard, great crepes. Happy Sailing.