Mobile Park & Cruise Package review - Wingate

jaowel

There's not too much on here about the port in Mobile, so I thought I'd let those of you know the route we went for our Park & Cruise. Since we were driving from Michigan and the weather can vary so much, I wanted to get down there a day early to be safe. We were going to be checking in fairly late, so it didn't make a lot of sense to spend a ton on a room for the 5 of us. I picked Wingate by Wyndham in Moblie. It was very easy to find as it is right off the highway. The room was clean, the beds were comfortable and the staff was very friendly. It was a little dated, but that didn't matter to us. You received a hot breakfast consisting of waffles, eggs, bacon, sausage, oatmeal, fruit, coffee and juice. They also provided round trip transfers to the port. I did call when we were on our way down to add our name to the shuttle list. I told them we had FTTF to get on the ship early and wanted to get on the early shuttle. FYI...IF you don't have FTTF, getting to the terminal early will only result in you waiting until your scheduled boarding time. After a 10 min drive from the hotel, we were dropped off right at the luggage drop and were in the terminal in no time. When we arrived back into port, I called the hotel and they were there to pick us up with in 15-20 min. All for $141.00. Port parking is $90, so to me, $50 extra dollars for a room, hot breakfast and transfers was totally worth it. 

18 hours ago, jaowel said:

There's not too much on here about the port in Mobile, so I thought I'd let those of you know the route we went for our Park & Cruise. Since we were driving from Michigan and the weather can vary so much, I wanted to get down there a day early to be safe. We were going to be checking in fairly late, so it didn't make a lot of sense to spend a ton on a room for the 5 of us. I picked Wingate by Wyndham in Moblie. It was very easy to find as it is right off the highway. The room was clean, the beds were comfortable and the staff was very friendly. It was a little dated, but that didn't matter to us. You received a hot breakfast consisting of waffles, eggs, bacon, sausage, oatmeal, fruit, coffee and juice. They also provided round trip transfers to the port. I did call when we were on our way down to add our name to the shuttle list. I told them we had FTTF to get on the ship early and wanted to get on the early shuttle. FYI...IF you don't have FTTF, getting to the terminal early will only result in you waiting until your scheduled boarding time. After a 10 min drive from the hotel, we were dropped off right at the luggage drop and were in the terminal in no time. When we arrived back into port, I called the hotel and they were there to pick us up with in 15-20 min. All for $141.00. Port parking is $90, so to me, $50 extra dollars for a room, hot breakfast and transfers was totally worth it. 

Thanks for the info. Your right there is very little activity here. It’s like a ghost town over on the roll calls also.