transportation from MCO to Port Canaveral

TBROCKMAN

I'm renting a car to make that trip this February. You could also take an Uber/Lyft. I'm not sure which costs more. You get an extra seat (driver's seat) when you rent a car. If you rent with Enterprise, they'll take you from the drop-off location to the cruise port for free.

• Like 1

I used goportcanaveral.com to arrange a trip from MCO to hotel, a room for 4, transportation from hotel to the port, then from the port to MCO, all for a price less than what it would cost for Carnival to take us from MCO to port and back. I think goportcanaveral charges $17.99 for one person one way and it goes down for more people and round trip. They had good reviews, but our cruise isn't until summer...so no personal experience.

• Like 1

On 1/6/2019 at 3:20 PM, lauren009 said:

I'm renting a car to make that trip this February. You could also take an Uber/Lyft. I'm not sure which costs more. You get an extra seat (driver's seat) when you rent a car. If you rent with Enterprise, they'll take you from the drop-off location to the cruise port for free.

they are so expensive from jacksonville to Port 400 plus

2 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

Where did Jacksonville enter the equation?  You were asking about Orlando...EM

2 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

Where did Jacksonville enter the equation?  You were asking about Orlando...EM

came into play when the airlime tickets to mco were ridiculous

• 1 month later...

I am flying into MCO a day early and staying at a hotel on Merritt Island. Some prefer to stay near the airport (most hotels include port shuttle) or near the Port (more expensive hotels) or in Cocoa Beach (which is a 45 min drive and about 25$-30$ per person for shuttle). I chose Merritt Island because it is in the middle and near a Walmart where I can grab all my last minute items include my wine. Not many shuttles will drop off to Merritt Island, so after hours of research, I have decided to Lyft (free ride for new users), and my hotel offers a $10 shuttle to port (less than 15 minute drive). To answer your question, it really depends on which hotel you chose and if they offer airport pickup/port drop off. Goportcanaveral has a huge list of sleep, cruise and fly hotels which include transfers. 

1 hour ago, ksmommy5 said:

I am flying into MCO a day early and staying at a hotel on Merritt Island. Some prefer to stay near the airport (most hotels include port shuttle) or near the Port (more expensive hotels) or in Cocoa Beach (which is a 45 min drive and about 25$-30$ per person for shuttle). I chose Merritt Island because it is in the middle and near a Walmart where I can grab all my last minute items include my wine. Not many shuttles will drop off to Merritt Island, so after hours of research, I have decided to Lyft (free ride for new users), and my hotel offers a $10 shuttle to port (less than 15 minute drive). To answer your question, it really depends on which hotel you chose and if they offer airport pickup/port drop off. Goportcanaveral has a huge list of sleep, cruise and fly hotels which include transfers. 

I am looking at staying there also.  Curious what hotel you decided on.

2 minutes ago, Jmdh66 said:

I am looking at staying there also.  Curious what hotel you decided on.

I went with the Econolodge on the causeway. I got it for 80$. Had breakfast. 10$ shuttle. Its the halfway point between the airport and port and close to restaurants and Publix and a mall and a short uber to walmart. 

On 1/14/2019 at 1:28 AM, TBROCKMAN said:

came into play when the airlime tickets to mco were ridiculous

when are you travelling and from where? I am coming from Toronto, Canada. Currently, for my September 2019 cruise my flight is close to 700$. It will go down but yes, MCO is a more expensive airport. Some choose to fly into Melbourne which is basically the same distance from port as MCO and then just Uber from that airport to Cocoa Beach area?