Shuttles from Manhattan to Cape Liberty Cruise Port?

Champion15

Hi,

Two people Cruising in September on Anthem of the Seas. We need to get from our Hotel in Midtown Manhattan to Cape Liberty Cruise Port. On a budget but also not willing to take 2 separate trains and an Uber. Was hoping RC would offer a Shuttle but they say they only do it from Airports. Any other Shuttles worth considering?

No shuttles.

Where exactly are you staying in Manhattan?  It’s a trip from NY to NJ.  Car service is recommended - Dial7 or Carmellimo.  They quote a base price.  Tolls ($15-17) and tip are extra.

If you can roll your luggage, PATH trains and light rail are accessible to Bayonne plus Uber.  About $20 for 2 people.  Details can be provided.

Hi 138east,

Thanks for your reply.

We're staying at the Broadway Plaza Hotel. we'll have 2 suitcases (1 each), which I believe I will be able to manage ok with (roll on). Is the PATH train reliable? I was considering taking it into Hoboken or Jersey City if its just one train and then getting an Uber. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

True the PATH has suffered from underinvestment just like the NY subways. That said, if PATH meets your needs, take it. Many, many riders take it daily.

if you plan to use your cell phone in the US make sure it’s equipped to do so. 

Edited by Noxequifans

1 hour ago, Champion15 said:

Hi 138east,

Thanks for your reply.

We're staying at the Broadway Plaza Hotel. we'll have 2 suitcases (1 each), which I believe I will be able to manage ok with (roll on). Is the PATH train reliable? I was considering taking it into Hoboken or Jersey City if its just one train and then getting an Uber. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

You’re only 5 1/2 blocks from the accessible PATH entrance on the west side of 6th Ave just above 32nd St.  It’s an elevator directly down to the PATH station, which has a small ramp onto the platform as well as a wide turnstile that is easy with luggage.

From 33rd St the trains either go to Hoboken or Journal Square weekdays.  On weekends they run one train to Journal Square via Hoboken.

PATH is not crowded outbound in the morning which means you should get seats.  At Hoboken there is an elevator to the street level.

I will be doing a PATH/light rail adventure in Feb and will post back my experience. I’ll be staying at the Residence Inn in Jersey City and will be exploring the Grove St Station, which could be a destination for you to pick up an Uber in Jersey City.