Navigator of the Seas Deck 3

My husband and our two children are currently looking to book our first cruise this summer.  We like this ship but have been reading and hearing mixed reviews about the cabin type and "best" deck to stay in.  (Our children are 9 and 7.) We saw 2 adjoining ocean view rooms on deck 3.  Is this a desirable deck to stay on? Or would we be better off higher up (though I don't think there were any adjoining rooms available on a higher deck).

Any advice would be appreciated!

10 hours ago, kimmie1214 said:

My husband and our two children are currently looking to book our first cruise this summer.  We like this ship but have been reading and hearing mixed reviews about the cabin type and "best" deck to stay in.  (Our children are 9 and 7.) We saw 2 adjoining ocean view rooms on deck 3.  Is this a desirable deck to stay on? Or would we be better off higher up (though I don't think there were any adjoining rooms available on a higher deck).

Any advice would be appreciated!

There's no universal "best".  Nothing at all wrong with deck 3.  Very convenient when getting off/on the ship in ports.

I wouldn't call Deck 3 a desirable deck, but if it's the only one with adjoining staterooms that you want, I'd say go with it.  The issue with Deck 3 is that it's kind of a maze when it comes to the layout of interior staterooms, and you can't cross the ship on that deck - which I think is fine because personally I prefer to cross the ship on either the promenade level or the pool deck.  The benefit is that you're close to the promenade level (deck 5).  Downside is that you're really far from the buffet (hey, might not be a bad thing?!).

Also note that because Deck 3 is so low, your ocean view might be kind of loud.  Which I think is a nice thing because you can hear the waves - but depending on how much quiet you need to sleep, that's something to consider.  We were on Deck 6 on the Navigator just last week, and with our balcony door shut, we could hear the ocean loud and clear.

• Like 1