Travel insurance help

Lee2385

Hey guys, 

i have the annual travel insurance plan through Allianz. I have a cruise booked out of Barcelona July 2020. Do i insure it now separately or wait until January until i renew my annual plan?? I can call them but i wanted your advice first. Thanks 

58 minutes ago, shof515 said:

if you have pre-existing medical conditions, usually you have to purchase insurance travel within i think 14 days or so to be covered 

We suggest speaking with 

www.TripInsuranceStore.com

but CALL them, don't rely only on the online summaries; the fine print can really matter.

You'll probably find that there is at least one policy that allows coverage of pre-existing conditions as long as one starts coverage within 24 hours of *final* payment (narrowly defined).

However, if one wants CFAR, it's more expensive with this policy.

There are obviously other differences between this and other policies, as well, but for pre-existing, this is a great option.

GC

• Thanks 1

Not all travel insurance allows you to be covered with pre-existing if you do not pay for the full coverage of the cruise at initial insurance purchase. I am in the process of purchasing now and read the contract for Nationwide. It clearly states that all known expenses at time of purchase need to be paid for. So your cruise, not your deposit  - then when you purchase air you can add that. 

I was initially told by an online agent I could just pay for deposit amount. I just read the contract - not true. Went back to the agency to clarify, and oops, they quoted me incorrectly. So please read the contract first. . 

• Thanks 1