Coffee Card Basics

Clampram

I have 2 old coffee cards for my next cruise on Jan 19th. One of them says "Cafe selects" and has Emerald Princesss so this is about 5 years old but it has about 5 punches on it.

The other says it expired Dec 31, 2018.

Am I out of luck on both of them??

11 minutes ago, wheezedr said:

Expired is pretty self explanatory.  Use up your other card as well since all the paper cards expire later this year.

Yes but I had read somewhere that they were allowing passengers to use expired ones..........maybe the voices in my head said it!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Clampram said:

Yes but I had read somewhere that they were allowing passengers to use expired ones..........maybe the voices in my head said it!!

They are...but only ones without a pre-printed expiration date and then only through August of this year.  These cards actually predate the ones with the printed expiration date of 12/31/18 and should have a handwritten voyage date on them (but many do not). So use it or lose it.

Edited by cherylandtk

40 minutes ago, Eagleeye said:

We just used our coffee card from our Island Princess Panama Canal cruise in 2014 on the Royal last month. It had a few punches left, but there was no problem using it.

Roger

Hope springs eternal...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Clampram said:

So, if I have to buy a new coffee card on this cruise, will it expire at the end of the cruise??

Yes. So I have heard. It is no longer a paper card. It is "attached" to your cruise card. When you swipe at the IC, it deducts a coffee...

We had two coffee cards we purchased onboard Royal Princess in March of 2018 that expired on 12/31/2018.  Had I noticed an expiration date on the cards when we bought them, I would have asked for my money back. My bad!  We still had six punches on one card and all fifteen on the other card.

I sent email to Princess Customer Relations last month expressing my displeasure on the expiring cards.  I received a call this week from Princess and I am satisfied with the resolution.  

23 hours ago, EMS8 said:

We had two coffee cards we purchased onboard Royal Princess in March of 2018 that expired on 12/31/2018.  Had I noticed an expiration date on the cards when we bought them, I would have asked for my money back. My bad!  We still had six punches on one card and all fifteen on the other card.

I sent email to Princess Customer Relations last month expressing my displeasure on the expiring cards.  I received a call this week from Princess and I am satisfied with the resolution.  

Do I understand that they will allow you to use it on the Crown in March?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Micah's Grandad said:

If someone paid for 15 coffee's seems to me that Princess should honor the sale.

You would think that would be in their best interest so as to not upset their loyal customers. 

Obviously someone in their corporate headquarters thinks otherwise and is more concerned about profits so they just change their rules & screw the customer. 

On 1/10/2019 at 10:34 AM, EMS8 said:

Are you able to share the resolution?

• Haha 1