Coffee Card Basics

Clampram

16 hours ago, jagoffee said:

You must mean one set up for two cards.😁

Yep. Wouldn't that be the fair & equatable thing to do after they changed the rules regarding the future use of the cards?

14 hours ago, Micah's Grandad said:

Sorry but I see no reason to roll over and be taken advantaged of.

Exactly.

I believe those that can't see the difference are only those that don't have a few extra unused cards at home saved for their next cruise. 

I have 2 PREMIUM COFFEE CARDS.  They say NEW GROUNDS.  Neither has an expiration date.  11 not punched on one and a couple on the other.  These were purchased on the Star.  How do you know if they can still be used?  Where do I find this information?

Thanks,

Michele

29 minutes ago, 1234Mickey said:

I have 2 PREMIUM COFFEE CARDS.  They say NEW GROUNDS.  Neither has an expiration date.  11 not punched on one and a couple on the other.  These were purchased on the Star.  How do you know if they can still be used?  Where do I find this information?

Thanks,

Michele

They can be used until Aug 31st 2019. 

Punches only for any coffee drink.

If you want brewed you use a punch.

Did you read through this thread?

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2623201-are-coffee-cards-good-only-for-the-cruise-you-buy-it-on/

Yes I did read through the thread.  Just wanted to confirm and be able to strategize.  The current way to buy a card is that the purchase is registered on the Cruise Card.  It can be used for specialty or brewed coffee.  Not as flexible as the paper card.  Makes you think twice about the luxury of getting coffee at the cafe versus the buffet.

43 minutes ago, 1234Mickey said:

Yes I did read through the thread.  Just wanted to confirm and be able to strategize.  The current way to buy a card is that the purchase is registered on the Cruise Card.  It can be used for specialty or brewed coffee.  Not as flexible as the paper card.  Makes you think twice about the luxury of getting coffee at the cafe versus the buffet.

Just like the current package added to your cruise card account the paper card (brewed coffee) was never intended to be used for future cruises.

7 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Just like the current package added to your cruise card account the paper card was never intended to be used for future cruises.

Not true. The back of the paper card specifically states "Unused specialty coffees redeemable on next voyage." There is no expiration date.

I will contact Pricess customer relations, as previous poster did, and ask if I can get reimbursed for unused punches.

1 minute ago, rawtravel said:

Not true. The back of the paper card specifically states "Unused specialty coffees redeemable on next voyage." There is no expiration date.

I will contact Pricess customer relations, as previous poster did, and ask if I can get reimbursed for unused punches.

Not true. It was never intended for brewed coffee to be carried over to subsequent cruises.

Good luck.  🙂

1 minute ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Not true. It was never intended for brewed coffee to be carried over to subsequent cruises.

Good luck.  🙂

It was never intended for FREE "brewed" coffee to be carried to the next cruise. However, you could use a punch for brewed coffee on the next cruise. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, rawtravel said:

It was never intended for FREE "brewed" coffee to be carried to the next cruise. However, you could use a punch for brewed coffee on the next cruise. 

I’m confused. It wasn’t intended for “free “ brewed coffee but you can use it for brewed coffee. ????

21 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I’m confused. It wasn’t intended for “free “ brewed coffee but you can use it for brewed coffee. ????

Back of coffee cards states "Complimentary coffee/tea only applicable to voyage of purchase.'  So on a subsequent cruise if you use that card with unused punches you do not get "free" brewed coffee.  However, you can use a punch to get the brewed coffee.

43 minutes ago, MrMan said:

I find it fascinating that people have the time to send an email to Corporate over unused punches on a coffee card that have been sitting in ones junk drawer for years.  I want these issues.

It's more the principle of the matter then the money loss. 

24 minutes ago, rawtravel said:

Back of coffee cards states "Complimentary coffee/tea only applicable to voyage of purchase.'  So on a subsequent cruise if you use that card with unused punches you do not get "free" brewed coffee.  However, you can use a punch to get the brewed coffee.

Ahh! Same voyage you don’t use a punch but subsequent voyages you do. I think I get it!

Thank you for all your posts although some of you think that snide is the way to answer an innocent question. 

I have had clarification and now know that my coffee cards are good until August 2018 since there is no expiration date on them.  In the future a coffee "card" would be added to your Cruise card and you would just have it swiped for each purchase.  It would be valid only for the cruise it was purchased for and specialty coffees and brewed coffee would be considered the same for purposes of the "card."

On 1/15/2019 at 6:32 PM, 1234Mickey said:

It would be valid only for the cruise it was purchased for and specialty coffees and brewed coffee would be considered the same for purposes of the "card."

The T&C state ...

• The package includes the pre-purchase of a specified number of specialty coffees (numbers vary by itinerary) during the voyage of purchase, as well as complimentary brewed coffee and hot chocolate. so it appears the brewed coffee and hot chocolate will still be free.

Does anyone know when purchasing regular brewed coffee in IC either by punch or just paying with cruise card are you allowed a refill while sitting in IC?  Last time on Regal very difficult to receive table service of sny kind. Just wondering others experiences.