Trip Report: 12-night Holiday Cruise in the Caribbean on the SILHOUETTE (2018)

SleepingUgly

On 1/16/2019 at 12:12 PM, SleepingUgly said:

We wives are very good at giving THE LOOK and having a comment about pretty much everything you men do, no? 🙂  And, usually, with pretty good results.

Linda

Hi Linda, enjoying the heck out of your report, especially your sense of humour. We will be on Silly on March 3, and you have prepped us nicely for it.

Thanks 

Mike 

On 2/15/2019 at 2:02 PM, Captain-John said:

Wow - I have just finished reading this fantastic trip report. Thank you, thank you, thank you so much for taking the time to write  this, to sort and upload the photographs and to put so much detail into your posts. A fantastic record for the future too.

It looks like you all had a fantastic time and it was a pleasure to 'experience' your holiday through your posts on this board.

I sincerely hope you will do another trip report like this next time you cruise - I'll be keeping eyes peeled - although compiling such a great report will have taken a huge investment of your time (whether you enjoyed it or not!) so I can only hope writing this one hasn't put you off writing another! 😄

All the best. Thanks.

Thank you, Captain John!  It was actually fun (albeit time-consuming at times and I fell behind at certain points, I know) to relive the cruise again and share our experiences with all of you.  I am actually looking to book a cruise on the Summit for early next year, for dh's birthday, so hopefully, we can make that happen because I don't think I can wait until December 2020!  I hope you have a fantastic cruise whenever you may next travel - here's to safe travels, great weather and wonderful memories!

Linda

Edited by SleepingUgly
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, msex10 said:

Hi Linda, enjoying the heck out of your report, especially your sense of humour. We will be on Silly on March 3, and you have prepped us nicely for it.

Thanks 

Mike 

So glad you are enjoying the trip report, Mike!  Glad to get you all ready for your upcoming cruise.  Here's to safe travels for next month, and whenever you may travel in the future!

Linda

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi Linda, just wanted to let you know I had followed your review when you had originally done it as my dh and I were going on the abc cruise in March (and we had a great time!).  Now we are doing the holiday cruise on Silhouette, so I’ve just revisited the review and have picked up some good tips for some shared ports. I in particular wanted to know what you had done in St Croix on Xmas and what some of the menus were like - I know they won’t be the same, but still an idea. Thanks so much for a wonderful review that was just as good the second time around! Nancy

On 9/23/2019 at 8:15 AM, Nanjen said:

Hi Linda, just wanted to let you know I had followed your review when you had originally done it as my dh and I were going on the abc cruise in March (and we had a great time!).  Now we are doing the holiday cruise on Silhouette, so I’ve just revisited the review and have picked up some good tips for some shared ports. I in particular wanted to know what you had done in St Croix on Xmas and what some of the menus were like - I know they won’t be the same, but still an idea. Thanks so much for a wonderful review that was just as good the second time around! Nancy

Thanks, Nanjen!  St. Croix on Christmas Day for us was a really nice, low-key day.  At first, I was really upset the historical sites / National Park would be closed and no tours would be going on, but spending the day at Rainbow Beach turned out to be a really good idea.  The Santa / Christmas activities that morning meant we weren't one of the first off the ship, but that was OK because we weren't in a hurry to join a tour or meet up with a guide.  Our little one still got to enjoy time with Santa and we didn't feel rushed / pressured to leave the ship RIGHT NOW.  Instead, everything was done at a leisurely pace, which was so nice for Christmas. 

I hope you have a fantastic cruise!  We have booked the Reflection for next year's holiday sailing so it's still a while for me. 🙂

Linda

• 2 months later...