MSC Drink Package Upgrade - Easy to Premium

cruisers2019

First time cruiser here! I'm booked on the Seaside for April 2019 and it includes an Easy drink package under the "All In" promotion (also includes wifi). I was wondering if it's possible to upgrade the included Easy drink package to the Premium package (for a fee of course). Reason being is I will enjoy more drinks from premium category ie. more variety of cocktails, margaritas etc. whereas my husband is satisfied with the easy offer (mainly a beer drinker, miller lite). I'm guessing if one package is upgraded, both will have to be.

Has anyone done this yet before I make the call to see if it's possible?

Depending on the outcome of pricing and what not, I may be better off just keeping the Easy package and just buying the "Premium" drinks I wish to have!

Let me know your experiences if any with this topic !

The upgrade to premium from easy is $27/person/day if done in advance.  Total for 2 is $378 for a 7 night cruise.  On the ship is the same price, but you will also pay the 15% service charge on top of it, making the total upgrade price $434.70.

If I upgrade from Easy to Premium, I see that it includes drinks priced up to $12.  If I want to order a drink that costs (for example) $14, would I be able to just pay the $2 difference, or would I be charged the whole $14?

1 hour ago, mack36 said:

If I upgrade from Easy to Premium, I see that it includes drinks priced up to $12.  If I want to order a drink that costs (for example) $14, would I be able to just pay the $2 difference, or would I be charged the whole $14?

You would pay the whole $14 plus 15% gratuity.

• Thanks 1

My daughter is sailing Meraviglia  Aurea experience, 4/04/2019.  She just upgraded from easy to premium   She has the cruise paid, the charge was additional $70

Edited by GOIN2C
Additional info
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Boy I thought booking a room was bad with MSC. 

The different drinks packaes are brutal to fiquie out.

We are just vodka/ soda and my DW likes martinis. Not sure what package to get, between the drinks on us, easy,premium and premium plus pkg.

Whats included with cruise fair as far as a perk? How close do the bartenders look at your card to determine what you get? Sounds like they slide it?

Seems  kinda confusing. Any help would be appreciated.

17 hours ago, cheeseheads4ever said:

Boy I thought booking a room was bad with MSC. 

The different drinks packaes are brutal to fiquie out.

We are just vodka/ soda and my DW likes martinis. Not sure what package to get, between the drinks on us, easy,premium and premium plus pkg.

Whats included with cruise fair as far as a perk? How close do the bartenders look at your card to determine what you get? Sounds like they slide it?

Seems  kinda confusing. Any help would be appreciated.

DOU is very much like the Easy

drinks upgrade.jpg

drinks package 534.jpg

On 1/10/2019 at 3:41 PM, GOIN2C said:

My daughter is sailing Meraviglia  Aurea experience, 4/04/2019.  She just upgraded from easy to premium   She has the cruise paid, the charge was additional $70

Only $70? I wonder how she got that lol

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/7/2019 at 1:57 PM, cruisers2019 said:

First time cruiser here! I'm booked on the Seaside for April 2019 and it includes an Easy drink package under the "All In" promotion (also includes wifi). I was wondering if it's possible to upgrade the included Easy drink package to the Premium package (for a fee of course). Reason being is I will enjoy more drinks from premium category ie. more variety of cocktails, margaritas etc. whereas my husband is satisfied with the easy offer (mainly a beer drinker, miller lite). I'm guessing if one package is upgraded, both will have to be.

Has anyone done this yet before I make the call to see if it's possible?

Depending on the outcome of pricing and what not, I may be better off just keeping the Easy package and just buying the "Premium" drinks I wish to have!

Let me know your experiences if any with this topic !

We're sailing on the Seaside first week of May 2019! Just called to upgrade the all in easy to premium and it came out to $189 per person! Well worth it in my opinion :) Hope this helps! Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, little britain said:

Does anyone have the Euro upgrade prices please?  

4 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Easy is €29 and Premium is €39, so €10 pppd.

And to premium plus another 16 euro's, so  that makes 55 euro's

Edited by Quantum cruiser

Here are the prices for the packages:

For sailings where the onboard currency is US$:

Easy  $35     Premium  $62     PremiumPlus $79

For sailings where the onboard currency is Euros:

Easy  €29     Premium  €39   PremiumPlus  €55

The upgrade cost is the difference between.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well... Easy in US is very slightly dearer, but nothing like the difference, as you say, with the higher-end packages.  I wonder if the range of drinks is better on the US packages (that was the case with Deluxe - better wines, cocktails & spirits).

Good afternoon,

Does anyone know if Johnnie Walker Black Label is included in the under $12 drinks you can get with the Premium package?

On my past experiences if didn’t matter the price it was always with an * and was only included in the most expensive package.

Thanks,