Guarantee Room Booking Assigned When????

2 hours ago, Super Curly said:

How do you know how booked your cruise is? We are four weeks out on Freedom of the Seas and I haven't heard anything about our gty cabin.

In my case, when I try to do mock booking for my cruise, sometimes websites (both travel agent and Royal) say no cabins available.  Once in a while they say there is a single cabin and/or a guarantee booking available. That’s why I think my cruise in 3 weeks in nearly sold out.  I’m happy to know I’ll be on board; I rather enjoy the anticipation of awaiting a gty assignment.

For your cruise, if you can still see cabins for sale on Royal/travel agent websites, frankly it is really impossible to know much about availability.  There could be plenty of people like you holding gty bookings waiting for assignments or there could be very few.  The cruiseline knows and you do not.  Just hang in there.  If you booked a gty, you should be a flexible person who can be happy in any cabin in your chosen category or higher.  So, be ready to be happy whenever and wherever you are assigned.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Recently booked an October sailing on Anthem with a gty balcony. Awaiting assignment! I am actually liking the waiting and seeing where we end up (hopefully we know before we board, but even so it will be nice to cruise). First time ever doing the guaranteed booking 🙂

Edited by Kayla103

We have a corner aft, deck 10 on Indy later this year we booked it a year ago. 

Family have decided to join us but having not cruised previously they decided to go for a guarantee inside option. 

They booked two weeks ago. Our agent cross referenced the bookings and I added their booking to my online Royal account. 

They got their allocation the other day and have an inside same deck and same side as us.

Dont know if it was luck or actually some foresight on Royals behalf but either way I’m absolutely made up that they are so close rather than deck 2 forward at the furthest point possible away from us.

Thanks Royal 🙌

• 3 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, Kayla103 said:

Still waiting for mine, but who else has received theirs. I'm interested to hear the different assignments 🙂 

My cruise is in 23 days and we still haven't been assigned. I have received two offers to bid for an upgrade with the Royal Up program but the whole point of this cruise was something affordable to take my daughter on for her graduation. We got our documentation but there is no deck number of room number, just a box to mark them in when we receive them.

2 minutes ago, cruisinagainDnR said:

My cruise is in 23 days and we still haven't been assigned. I have received two offers to bid for an upgrade with the Royal Up program but the whole point of this cruise was something affordable to take my daughter on for her graduation. We got our documentation but there is no deck number of room number, just a box to mark them in when we receive them.

Interesting! Keep us updated. I kind of find it fun to wait and see! This is my first time doing a guaranteed booking but I know we will have a balcony so otherwise I don't care, haha!

• 2 months later...

Hi I’m sailing on the Symphony of the seas in 10 days and still don’t have a room assignment. On another board I learned that several people on the same sailing have already received theirs. This is my first time doing a guaranteed room. Is there any chance that I’ll arrive at the pier and not have a room or be downgraded?

4 hours ago, dleahy4444 said:

This is my first time doing a guaranteed room. Is there any chance that I’ll arrive at the pier and not have a room or be downgraded?

Does your SetSail pass have anything on it other than the GTY listing?

6 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

On some GTY bookings, the SetSail lists a deck and/or muster station which gives a general cabin location (and assurance that you have an assignment).

My guarantee booking does show a deck and muster station when I look at my Sat Sail pass on the app. The one on the website does not. Try looking at the app.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, MedicMariner said:

My guarantee booking does show a deck and muster station when I look at my Sat Sail pass on the app. The one on the website does not. Try looking at the app.

Thanks for the heads up. (You too biker 19) I checked on the app. Both deck and muster are blank☹️

On 1/19/2019 at 11:46 AM, Ourusualbeach said:

Bob, that changed and now all guarantees are non refundable even insides.

see item 8

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/LTYA_News/17056800_Nonrefundable_FAQ_News.pdf

I booked a guarantee thru a TA and it was fully refundable. It was a group rate they had and I'm sure that made a difference. 

13 minutes ago, Bases5 said:

I booked a guarantee thru a TA and it was fully refundable. It was a group rate they had and I'm sure that made a difference. 

Yes, when a TA still holds group space in a category and the cruise line no longer has cabins available in that category it is considered a category guarantee within the group and still retains the refundable deposit status of the group booking.

6 minutes ago, CTCruiser76 said:

20 something days out and still says GTY. - Question......is there a possibility that we can get a Royal Up offer? - We would be willing to shell out a few bucks to guarantee a GS ?

Yes, you can get a RoyalUp offer.