Guarantee Room Booking Assigned When????

2 minutes ago, Bases5 said:

It looks like our room is for 5 sleeping sofa and a Pullman    There are just 2 of us. You would think they kept that room for a larger reservation 
Any chance they relocate us?

Very small chance.

It looks like Royal Up needs to occur within 30 days of the sailing. I'm anticipating that I will be pretty busy so I don't think I will be available then for placing a bid.

No evidence of a room assignment for me yet. I have friends staying on the 7th floor interior on Majesty so it's possible that I might get assigned one of those outside rooms. Our reservations aren't synched but our dining reservations are.

Anything other than the bottom deck will be considered a plus by me, especially if it's more of a mid-deck assignment.

Thanks,

Krista

2 minutes ago, Wanderista said:

It looks like Royal Up needs to occur within 30 days of the sailing. 

It can happen anytime inside final payment (up to 90 days out). The 30 day requirement (if it works at all) is if you go directly to the site without getting an e-mail invite.

• Like 1

hi everyone! I have three guarantee inside cabins for my family on Freedom late October. We are all diamond and diamond plus and usually book much earlier and pick our own cabins, but only inside cabins available were promenade and very expensive considering airfare to San Juan is also very expensive. So we took a risk since we are also paying for parents and adult children. When I did my check-in last night deck said “reprint”, no cabin listed and muster station was b15. Any way to tell what inside categories have b15 as muster station? Thanks for any info!

Edited by Mullwi
Mistake

Someone on this thread mentioned receiving their assignment, and then going back into the pool to possibly get a different one.  Can you do this online, or do you have to call?  In general, is it a pain to go back into the pool, or is it fairly easy?  Also, how close to sail date can you do this?

2 minutes ago, MaskedTurtle said:

Someone on this thread mentioned receiving their assignment, and then going back into the pool to possibly get a different one.  Can you do this online, or do you have to call?

Call. I have not seen recent reports of this. 

• Like 1

We booked a balcony guarantee 5 wks before a cruise August 26th. I was getting really nervous because there were lots of balcony rooms (in 4 different categories) available the week of booking, but then 2 weeks went by with no balcony (or suite) rooms showing in the available inventory. Finally we got a room this week, 13 days before sailing. I was afraid their glitchy system forgot about us!

3 hours ago, MaskedTurtle said:

Someone on this thread mentioned receiving their assignment, and then going back into the pool to possibly get a different one.  Can you do this online, or do you have to call?  In general, is it a pain to go back into the pool, or is it fairly easy?  Also, how close to sail date can you do this?

3 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Call. I have not seen recent reports of this. 

I did this several years ago.   Not recently.  I called.

On 8/14/2019 at 7:41 PM, CTCruiser76 said:

20 something days out and still says GTY. - Question......is there a possibility that we can get a Royal Up offer? - We would be willing to shell out a few bucks to guarantee a GS ?

Check out this web link:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/booked/cruise-room-upgrade

If you cruise is 30 or less out, you can go to this link and put in last name and reservation number to check to see if you cruise is eligible for an upgrade. 

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 7:52 PM, Host Clarea said:

You can register yourself here:

OK so we are 30+ days out and still only show GTY. I went to the Royal Up link and it allows me to put in  a bid for 4 different categories. We booked a Obstructed View Balcony GTY. Our friends who booked at the same time through the same TA received their cabin which was a 3D Balcony in a great location on the back side of the hump with a slightly larger balcony. We will be happy even if we are in an obstructed balcony but don't want to bid on an upgrade before getting an assignment.

22 hours ago, Biker19 said:

It can happen anytime inside final payment (up to 90 days out). The 30 day requirement (if it works at all) is if you go directly to the site without getting an e-mail invite.

Thanks for telling me. I'm pretty new to that. 

19 hours ago, cruisingn09 said:

Check out this web link:

If you cruise is 30 or less out, you can go to this link and put in last name and reservation number to check to see if you cruise is eligible for an upgrade. 

Thanks - but its not working for us, my thought is because I have not been assigned a room yet......

I'm part of a smaller group sailing on Mariner next year, we have 5 staterooms all booked under the same last name and all linked on RCL's site. 2 of the staterooms were selected at booking (adjoining) and 3 are GTYs. Does anyone know if RCL makes an effort to place GTY reservations near other linked guests that already have rooms assigned? Or does that not factor into it. I have no idea what goes into the GTY assignments. TIA. 

14 hours ago, Evilgrin72 said:

I'm part of a smaller group sailing on Mariner next year, we have 5 staterooms all booked under the same last name and all linked on RCL's site. 2 of the staterooms were selected at booking (adjoining) and 3 are GTYs. Does anyone know if RCL makes an effort to place GTY reservations near other linked guests that already have rooms assigned? Or does that not factor into it. I have no idea what goes into the GTY assignments. TIA. 

Bump for the Sunday crowd - anyone know the answer to this? Any insight is helpful - thanks! 

Booked on Friday. Sailing in 2 weeks.
Categories available to book: Inside GTY, Neighborhood Balcony (one cabin showing) and XB.

Booked XB.

Received Upsell offer today for JS and above. Will not bid.

No cabin assignment yet.

Edited by Arzeena

1 hour ago, Evilgrin72 said:

Bump for the Sunday crowd - anyone know the answer to this? Any insight is helpful - thanks! 

GTY assignments are per cabin and any link is unlikely to be a consideration - with GTY assignments coming much later, getting cabins next to each other becomes much less likely due to lack of inventory. 

20 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

GTY assignments are per cabin and any link is unlikely to be a consideration - with GTY assignments coming much later, getting cabins next to each other becomes much less likely due to lack of inventory. 

Thanks. I have no idea how it works, but the people that chose staterooms are all the way forward and the category I guaranteed (4D) seem to run from the front of the ship through mid-ship. I'm guessing mid ship cabins are more desirable to most, so I was hoping they'd see an opportunity to give us a less desirable location (all the way FWD) near the rest of our party and save the mid ship cabins for others. 

Edited by Evilgrin72

On 8/18/2019 at 2:00 PM, Evilgrin72 said:

Thanks. I have no idea how it works, but the people that chose staterooms are all the way forward and the category I guaranteed (4D) seem to run from the front of the ship through mid-ship. I'm guessing mid ship cabins are more desirable to most, so I was hoping they'd see an opportunity to give us a less desirable location (all the way FWD) near the rest of our party and save the mid ship cabins for others. 

I upgraded to 2 guaranteed balcony staterooms for our Christmas cruise a few months ago.  The cabins were assigned within a month and they were assigned at the same time to different decks.  At the time there were at least 20 cabins that were beside each other.  I just called and moved both cabins to a more desirable location.  

46 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I upgraded to 2 guaranteed balcony staterooms for our Christmas cruise a few months ago.  The cabins were assigned within a month and they were assigned at the same time to different decks.  At the time there were at least 20 cabins that were beside each other.  I just called and moved both cabins to a more desirable location.  

Good to know, thanks for sharing!