Guarantee Room Booking Assigned When????

On 8/18/2019 at 1:04 PM, Arzeena said:

Booked on Friday. Sailing in 2 weeks.
Categories available to book: Inside GTY, Neighborhood Balcony (one cabin showing) and XB.

Booked XB.

Received Upsell offer today for JS and above. Will not bid.

No cabin assignment yet.

UPDATE:

Cabin was just assigned.

4D Balcony, Deck 7, near the elevators. Very pleased with the assignment.

On 8/18/2019 at 1:39 PM, Biker19 said:

GTY assignments are per cabin and any link is unlikely to be a consideration - with GTY assignments coming much later, getting cabins next to each other becomes much less likely due to lack of inventory. 

You were 100% correct.  I still haven't received my assignment yet (balcony 4D GTY) but my mother (interior GTY) did.

As mentioned, my brothers' cabins are all the way FWD on deck 6 (2nd and 3rd cabins in from the front.)  They put my mother on deck 8 in the very last interior all the way AFT.  Literally couldn't be farther away if they tried.  😂

My only concern is that she's 75 and arthritic and that's a long walk to the mid-ship elevators.  Gotta be 400-500 feet from her cabin to the nearest elevator, which isn't ideal for someone who doesn't get around all that well and goes back and forth from the cabin fairly regularly.

ETA : Over 250 days out - pretty early to get an assignment from what I've seen....

Edited by Evilgrin72

25 minutes ago, Evilgrin72 said:

My only concern is that she's 75 and arthritic and that's a long walk to the mid-ship elevators.  Gotta be 400-500 feet from her cabin to the nearest elevator, which isn't ideal for someone who doesn't get around all that well and goes back and forth from the cabin fairly regularly.

Start looking for other cabins to move to or upgrade possibilities. We were in the same boat (had a pretty bad 4V inside assigned 30 days out on a Z GTY booking) but moved to a mid ship 2T Promenade, free (price dropped).

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

Start looking for other cabins to move to or upgrade possibilities. We were in the same boat (had a pretty bad 4V inside assigned 30 days out on a Z GTY booking) but moved to a mid ship 2T Promenade, free (price dropped).

She called the TA and was told that there were no cabins available to move her to within the same category, but that she could upgrade to an OV for $500, which she rejected immediately.  They advised to keep checking over time to "see if anything opens up."  So, I guess I'll be doing weekly mock bookings for the next 8 months because she has no computer.  🤣

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

250+ days out and the ship shows about 8 inside staterooms available and all balconies 100% sold out.  Do this many people really book this far in advance these days?  It's not even a holiday week or anything - not Spring Break, kids are still in school.  In fact, we booked it because the rates were low.  I guess a lot of others had the same idea.

3 minutes ago, Evilgrin72 said:

So, I guess I'll be doing weekly mock bookings for the next 8 months because she has no computer.

Go the RCI UK site and bookmark the page which shows inventory for that sailing - just check that daily.

On 8/14/2019 at 6:19 PM, Bases5 said:

I booked a guarantee thru a TA and it was fully refundable. It was a group rate they had and I'm sure that made a difference. 

I just booked a guarantee and it is refundable. It was not from TA, I purchased directly from royal caribbean. 

7 hours ago, Deseo1578 said:

I just booked a guarantee and it is refundable. It was not from TA, I purchased directly from royal caribbean. 

You may want to check on that.  Since they’ve rolled out the Non refundable deposit program I’ve not seen a refundable guarantee.

see item #8 

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/LTYA_News/17056800_Nonrefundable_FAQ_News.pdf

I have three inside guarantee cabins on Freedom 10/27. I have checked in for two of them (son discovered passport expired 😮, luckily plenty of time). the set sail pass shows no cabin number, deck says “reprint” and one has muster station B15 and one has C08. When I call they say cabin not assigned yet, but think must have a tentative assignment since lists muster stations.  Is there any way of determining possible location based on muster stations? thanks!

5 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You may want to check on that.  Since they’ve rolled out the Non refundable deposit program I’ve not seen a refundable guarantee.

see item #8 

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/LTYA_News/17056800_Nonrefundable_FAQ_News.pdf

So I was curious so I did some more checking and you can in fact book a guarantee at a refundable rate.  

Royal has put the restrictions on W/WS, X/XB, XN, Y/YO, and Z/ZI but there are not the same restrictions if they are offering a specific category guarantee such as a D8 guarantee.  

You (at least TA’s can) can even book a W/WS, X/XB, XN, Y/YO, and Z/ZI, with a refundable rate however you will pay the standard rate (no BOGO50) so it is ridiculously expensive.

4 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You (at least TA’s can) can even book a W/WS, X/XB, XN, Y/YO, and Z/ZI, with a refundable rate however you will pay the standard rate (no BOGO50) so it is ridiculously expensive.

First time I've heard that people can actually book at the fake base rate.

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

see item #8 

Well , doing a mock booking still shows as refundable deposit as you can see bellow. And I did called in and asked. 

WhatsApp Image 2019-08-25 at 9.50.32 AM.jpeg

Room just assigned:

J4 -Junior Suite - 1244 Deck 10 

14 days out.

Do you normally get an email letting you know that your room as been assigned, because I just looked at the App and noticed it was now populated. 

Edited by CTCruiser76

16 minutes ago, CTCruiser76 said:

Room just assigned:

J4 -Junior Suite - 1244 Deck 10 

14 days out.

Do you normally get an email letting you know that your room as been assigned, because I just looked at the App and noticed it was now populated. 

No, it's not normal to get an email when the stateroom is assigned.

• 3 weeks later...