Would Nieuw Statendam be for us on our next cruise?

aimcat

On 1/12/2019 at 1:13 AM, stickey_mouse said:

'very good' food + 'excellent' music walk + 'horrible' main shows = 'very disappointed' and never sail again? what am I missing? 

What you are missing is the main production shows. Even on New Year's eve the show was mediocre. HAL has had much better shows in the past. Also the cruise director was just blah. He had no pep and was not getting the audience pumped.  I've gone on over 65 cruises and this 2 week holiday cruise lacked a lot. Even Christmas decorations were scarce_ not very festive

We just spent 14 days on the NS so I can comment about what we actually experienced! I am not one to go to the main theatre productions but we so enjoyed the Billboard husband and wife duo. We found ourselves there most nights which is very uncommon for us. The great standards show of theirs was our favorite! We have sailed on over 20 cruises so I feel that I can give the answer to "aim cat" who started the post. We are late fifties with no kids and our past two cruises have been on HAL (Eurodam and NS). HAL is a perfect fit for us. Not over the top in cost, kid-friendly but not overrun with children, a wide variety of music-classic, rock, blues and pop, and delicious food. I think you should have no worries and enjoy your cruise!