Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
CaribbeanLover22

Allure specialty restaurants

Recommended Posts

Our group of 8 cruise on the Allure in just under 2 weeks. Picked up our packet from our travel agent today and we all received vouchers for 1 free specialty lunch and 1 free specialty dinner. We weren't going to do any specialty restaurants before so I never looked into them much.  Now that we have the vouchers I'm curious as to which restaurants people would recommend for lunch and dinner and what kinds of foods they serve. We can't book them until we are on the ship so availability could be part of the deciding factors, but trying to decide which ones to try to book. Any insight from those that have gone to them would be much appreciated.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Another vote for 150CP !!!!!!!!! The food and service are always exceptional. My favorites are the flavored salts (and I never use salt) that come w/ bread service, butternut squash soup and tuna tartare. I'm full even before they bring my entree - and the cod will melt in your mouth.😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks everyone! I was leaning towards 150CP from the little bit I've read from others, but my mom is interested in the Italian one and trying to push that one. I think at least my husband and I will try to do 150CP for dinner and Giovanni's for lunch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We loved Giovanni's for lunch and Chops for dinner.  My family is more meat and potatoes than fancy foods and even though I tried to talk them into 150, I had no luck.   

 

Both restaurants were really good and when we go on Allure again in the summer, we will have the UDP and go to them as well as Samba which is another one we like.  We may do Sabor for lunch, but wouldn't waste a dinner going there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

We have done Giovanni's, Chops, Samba Grill and 150CP on the Allure and enjoyed them all.  I would agree with most that 150CP was our favorite with Chops being second.  Samba Grill was good and might be a good option for a group  (it's only open for dinner), it's a Brazilian style steakhouse and a lot of fun with plenty of food.

Edited by JeffT237

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jdg623 said:

 Another vote for 150CP !!!!!!!!! The food and service are always exceptional. My favorites are the flavored salts (and I never use salt) that come w/ bread service, butternut squash soup and tuna tartare. I'm full even before they bring my entree - and the cod will melt in your mouth.😊

The salts were great. I believe they stoped serving them about a year ago when the menu changed. . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

The salts were great. I believe they stoped serving them about a year ago when the menu changed. . 

Our last Allure sailing was May 2017. New menu, still serving salts. We also had them on the Oasis last week. Allure's policies could differ. We were told the menu will be changing again, probably during their Amplified drydock. Our server didn't have any further details so not clear if they'll continue to serve them, but fingers tightly crossed. 🤞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

The salts were great. I believe they stoped serving them about a year ago when the menu changed. . 

 

Thats only on Symphony.  We were on Allure 2 weeks ago and they still had the salts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, CaribbeanLover22 said:

Our group of 8 cruise on the Allure in just under 2 weeks. Picked up our packet from our travel agent today and we all received vouchers for 1 free specialty lunch and 1 free specialty dinner. We weren't going to do any specialty restaurants before so I never looked into them much.  Now that we have the vouchers I'm curious as to which restaurants people would recommend for lunch and dinner and what kinds of foods they serve. We can't book them until we are on the ship so availability could be part of the deciding factors, but trying to decide which ones to try to book. Any insight from those that have gone to them would be much appreciated.  

We love the steak house. You  might want to try it for dinner. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was on Allure in August. Now while I have had Chops on every RC cruise I have been on and enjoyed it every time. This was my first time going to 150CP, my DW and I enjoyed it even more. Service and food was top notch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...