Iberia Airlines experiences

granma&pa

Iberia Airlines have Flights from San Francisco to Barcelona nonstops At what seem are good prices.

Please give your opinions about Iberia.

We would like to know as soon as possible as we want to book flights for September 25th, 2019 to October 12, 2019.

Advise about other airlines appreciated.

thanks

5 hours ago, granma&pa said:

Iberia Airlines have Flights from San Francisco to Barcelona nonstops At what seem are good prices.

Please give your opinions about Iberia.

We would like to know as soon as possible as we want to book flights for September 25th, 2019 to October 12, 2019.

Advise about other airlines appreciated.

thanks

Are you flying coach or business?  If coach, most airlines on international routes are more similar than different as far as seating, meals etc.  Any differences likely aren't worth paying significantly more to fly a different airline.

Couple things - first off, I don't see any nonstop SFO-BCN on September 25 on Iberia or any airline. There is a nonstop on the return, but note that it's with Level (airline), the low-cost alternative to Iberia (full owned by IAG, which also owns Iberia). I have not flown Level, but have heard decent things...but do your research to see the differences between Iberia and Level, and determine if they matter.

The non-stop flight seems to operate on three days a week, Saturday, Sunday and Tuesday, so if you can go a day earlier, OP, there's one on the 24th.

The flight shows up on Iberia's website as "Level Spain operated by Iberia". That suggests to me it would be an actual Iberia aircraft and crew but as I'm not the most experienced poster on this board, perhaps someone will kindly correct me if I'm wrong.

I have not had particularly good experiences with Iberia in past and would probably prefer to avoid them if I had a sensible alternative. However, at the prices I'm seeing for your dates, and taking into account the convenience of a non-stop flight, I think I'd probably be inclined to give them another chance.

OMG,. if Level is a budget version of Iberia they should rename it rock bottom level.I didn,t think they could get any more inferior. ps,I don't know how that underline got here before anyone comments,lol.

Edited by brian1

On 1/12/2019 at 6:52 PM, Barrheadlass said:

I’ve just reserved tickets to France, flying Boston to Madrid to Nantes on Iberia.  Flight is American operated by Iberia.  Return is via London ,American but on BA...both flights are in premium economy.  These comments are making me nervous.

You'll be fine. It won't be the most luxurious flight in the world, nor will it be the best service you've ever had (even on an airline), but they'll get you there, safely, likely on-time or close to it. Same with BA on the return. Neither are the world's best airlines, but neither are the world's worst either.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Zach1213 said:

You'll be fine. It won't be the most luxurious flight in the world, nor will it be the best service you've ever had (even on an airline), but they'll get you there, safely, likely on-time or close to it. Same with BA on the return. Neither are the world's best airlines, but neither are the world's worst either.

If you are looking for an airline that you might want to avoid, for any number of reasons:

https://viewfromthewing.boardingarea.com/2019/01/12/air-zimbabwe-is-shutting-down-for-several-days-because-they-have-no-planes-that-can-fly/

3 hours ago, brian1 said:

I think BA are far superior to Iberia,especially food and drink.

I do think BA are superior to Iberia, but I personally wouldn’t use the word “far”. Plus, BA has been dropping in past years and expectations are still higher than reality; Iberia, on the other hand, is a known customer service disappointment 🙂

4 hours ago, Zach1213 said:

I do think BA are superior to Iberia, but I personally wouldn’t use the word “far”. Plus, BA has been dropping in past years and expectations are still higher than reality; Iberia, on the other hand, is a known customer service disappointment 🙂

Point taken,no probs.