Seeking best day resort for PV - AI please

CA_Cruzing

11 minutes ago, milolii said:

Hi guys checking back in.  We leave on Friday and will be in PV Monday, March 4.  I just emailed the Hilton again. Which resort will take a reservation 2 days in advance?  We return 3/9 so will try and post ASAP with updates.  

Awesome! We get there on 3/14.  I found we can email Secrets two days in advance which I like. So this is $16 more pp than Hilton, but this pool area looks a lot nicer and there is a swim up pool bar at Secrets. Hilton also has a ban on the bali beds, and I do not see any notation of that restriction with Secrets.. so for us it is worth the extra $ for the nicer pool with swim up bar and since a bit farther, probably less cruisers on day passes. Secrets is only 9 mins by taxi. Anyway, we have decided on Secrets. Looking forward to your review!

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g150793-d2336336-Reviews-Secrets_Vallarta_Bay_Puerto_Vallarta-Puerto_Vallarta.html

<<Thank you for contacting us in regards to your upcoming visit to our beautiful city. Yes, our resort welcomes guests through the purchase of a Day depending on availability. I recommend you send an email 2 days before your visit to confirm availability.

Day Pass at Secrets Vallarta Bay is of $75.00 USD per adult and it is good from 9 am to -5 pm.

This offers you access to all common areas, shows, pools and towels as well as food and drinks are included during the established hours.  

ID is requited for registration. Please be prepared to leave it with our staff at the front desk at time of payment. 

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any further questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

Descripción: cid:image002.jpg@01D450D6.2FAD7FB0

Descripción: cid:image003.jpg@01D450D6.2FAD7FB0

Daniela Flores
Coordinador de Medios Sociales / Social Media Coordinator 
Secrets Vallarta Bay & Now Amber
David Alfaro Siqueiros 164
Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco

Tel 322 2262900 Ext. 7105

Dir 322 2262958

Info.sevpv@secretsresorts.com

Info.noapv@nowresorts.com

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, milolii said:

Hi guys checking back in.  We leave on Friday and will be in PV Monday, March 4.  I just emailed the Hilton again. Which resort will take a reservation 2 days in advance?  We return 3/9 so will try and post ASAP with updates.  

Looking forward you your reply/update. We sail 9Mar and I need to email Secrets while we’re in Cabo 11Mar for PV arrival 13Mar. Thank you an have a great cruise!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Great info on here, thanks everyone for sharing!  

I will be in PVR on 4/24/19 on the Splendor.  Planning on shopping/sightseeing in the morning, then a resort day pass in the afternoon.  Can anyone share what area is best for shopping and what resorts are nearby the shopping area to minimize taxi fare..

Thanks in advance,

Andrew 

On 2/23/2019 at 12:51 PM, CurlyQgrL said:

Flores

Hi guys we are back! It was a great cruise but we did not end up going to Secrets.  I did get an email from the resort after we sailed at three days out.  We saw it from the road and it looks nice.  I hope you have a great cruise.  

At Secrets right now and the resort is all that and more. Service is excellent, food is excellent and the drinks stiff. The most beautiful Mexican resort we’ve ever experienced. 

Everything worked out on email and we showed up and registered for the day. 

If if you’re seeking a top shelf experience, this is it. 

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

We wound up going to the Marriott, what an incredible value. Paid 680 pesos (about $35 depending on exchange rate) for a day pass and received a 580 peso (about $30) credit towards food/drinks at the pool. We went early and got lounge chairs on the front row facing the beach, with the pool to our right, and bar/restaurant and bathrooms behind us.

We ordered two drinks (STRONG did not need more LOL) each and we both ordered lunch, and a couple of cokes, and came out to about the 580 peso credit. So basically we paid $5 each for the day pass, and spent about $60 for two.  Great value, we spent about $70 for two people.

Beautiful resort, great pool, great service. Highly recommend! So glad we didn't spend the $118 for two at the Hilton, nor $150 for two at Secrets.

53305493_10161481568690430_4544187592303706112_n.jpg

53539929_10161481568700430_4831923673554223104_n.jpg

54099064_10161481568900430_8471516146011471872_n.jpg

54257928_10161481568675430_2898900107854348288_n.jpg

54430346_10161481568695430_1887815787914199040_n.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Canada - our friends had called a few days ahead to confirm if they had availability. With any of these day pass resorts, just depends on their occupancy rate. Most won't offer them if they are at 80% or higher. Some resorts will only confirm that day. So was nice to be able to confirm ahead of time.

We were there in mid March, so I was concerned we would run into spring break but wasn't an issue. Maybe if your traveling during a holiday week... Easter, Christmas, New Years, or if spring break gets really busy. But this resort is a bit higher budget than spring breakers would normally choose, and not a big spring break destination (like Cancun is).

Highly recommend, I did a LOT of research.. mostly checking out pools. This one has everything from a beach, to one of the best pools, and a swim up bar! Only advice is to go as early as you can get off the ship and snag one of the lounge chairs overlooking the ocean.. just up from the beach so the vendors can't approach unless you wish to shop. These chairs were snagged early.. .tons of chairs around the pool.

Beware the sun is fierce in Mx and you can burn REALLY quickly even when it doesn't feel that hot. Sunscreen and some shade is your friend. Your pool waiter will position additional lounge chairs all you have to do is ask.

Also I recommend tipping a bit up front, always helps service if the pool is busy. So first time I get a drink, or an umbrella, I slip a $5 (also my approach at all inclusives that tips are normally included)....

ENJOY!

• Thanks 1