Nursery Time Help

muppet23

I have 3 kids ages 6, 4 and 15 months.  We're doing a 3-night cruise in February.  We are 'early to bed, early to rise' people so we have early dining scheduled.  I booked the nursery for the 15 month old for after dinner so that the rest of the family can enjoy the shows.  Will this work?  Will the nursery put him down to sleep?  Or would it work best if I just go back to the room with him and my husband takes the older ones to the shows?  

Daytime: I booked some nursery time in the afternoon (nap time) for Nassau since I don't think we plan on getting off the ship.  Has anyone had luck getting their little ones to nap in the nursery?  I'm wondering if this is worth the risk because if he doesn't nap, he will be a monster 🙂

My current bookings center around nap/sleep time but I'm wondering if this is a good strategy.  I would be interested in hearing feedback of how the nursery worked for others.

Thanks!

I am definitely not an expert on this, but I share the same situation with you in upcoming cruise. We have a 7yr old and 2yr old.

I don't know about your little one, but I don't think my son will be able to sleep at night under other people's supervision. So all the nursery I booked are either 10am to noon on Sea Day, or dinner time. I will take care of his nap time and bedtime myself to avoid a monster...

We were on the Fantasy last April when my youngest was 2.  We did exactly this two nights out of the seven.  We dropped her off in her pajamas at 7 and she was there until about 9.  (I cannot remember). We did ask for them to try and put her to sleep and both times it worked.  The first night I brought the stroller (small umbrella one) to put her in to bring her back to the room. Second night I just carried her back. It was much easier that way.  The nursery and staff were great.  

• 2 weeks later...

We took both of our boys on Disney cruises when they were about 9 months old. We did drop them off in the nursery, but we found that they didn't nap there (not for lack of the nursery workers trying - they did). Our kids just didn't want to nap there. We had better luck putting them in the stroller and walking the deck when we wanted them to nap.

We did drop them off after supper though so we could see a couple of shows and have some adult time. Again they didn't sleep there, but it was nice to have the time with my hubby. They were irritable when we went to pick them up, but not terrible. It seemed they adjusted and were content to "play" in the nursery.