Which Cruise Line to Choose?

pcjr2

There won't be many kids in the clubs at night.  And really, during the day, if they aren't YOUR kids, ignore them!  That's what I do!

I think any line will suit your needs...On all the "mainstream lines", kids are kept pretty busy in the kids clubs....the only time they are in evidence is the pool and meals.  Late seating has fewer kids than early seating.

• Thanks 1

• 2 years later...
On 1/9/2019 at 9:43 AM, pcjr2 said:

Thank you to all who responded.  This is a tremendous help! I considered RC Vision of the Seas and all the reviews bashed it.  Then I selected NCL Pearl and all the reviews seem to complain intensely.  This is so frustrating. lol. n We really do want to go through the Panama canal but the boats going there are limited to older, less appealing ships, it seems anyway.  For sure we won't go during Holidays. 

We did a Miami to San Diego through the Panama Canal on Celebrity Infinity. Was a bit of an older crowd but there were a few kids onboard. That being said I prefer RCCI a little better. 

We did a Panama Cruise from Ft. Lauderdale to Vancouver - but it was Holland-America - so, not really a party boat.  Our favourite line is Celebrity.  A mature adult crowd - but not so old you have to go to bed at 8 p.m.  We're not party animals, but we've always enjoyed our X cruises and always seem to meet nice people and have fun.  I'd agree that RCCL would probably fit into your wants and needs the best.  We did an Oasis cruise when it first sailed.  I read many negative reviews about it - but we absolutely loved it!  So much to do, and because of it's size, people spread out and it never seemed crowded.   The only thing I didn't like was having to be tendered into so many ports, because of it's size.  Saying all this, aside from one Carnival Cruise, I never see very many children at all.  Maybe because we do our cruising during school months.

• Like 1

I would strongly suggest booking a cruise with Royal Caribbean. These ships have a ton of activities to offer. They are youthful, exuberant pack a big helping of WoW factor and have a fun vibe. 

Just book during a time that is not a holiday and you will not see any kids on board. Try and book your cruise with a travel agent who specializes in cruises and can steer you in the right direction for cabin location, ship and itinerary. 

Happy Cruising. 

Jonathan

• 2 weeks later...

We personally enjoy the traditional sailing on a Cunard Line vessel.

Yes much different then other lines but you do experience the Old World Charm.

But the ship still has many activities to take part in but will not be like any of those Mega Ship styles.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/9/2019 at 11:05 AM, Aquahound said:

Take this for what its worth...just another anonymous internet guy giving my opinion...but I loved Vision.  I think its a beautiful ship.  I would do another cruise on that ship...or any ship in that class...in a heartbeat.  

There's so much about that ship that is great, like the adults only Solarium pool, awesome views from the Viking Crown Lounge, and beautiful 2 story dining room.  

I agree, I loved the Vision as well.  🙂 

• 2 weeks later...