Carnival haircut?

AmberMarie

I got a haircut a few days ago and it’s terrible. Too short, and sloppily done. Took him 10 minutes and 65 dollars later I was gone.

I’m not picky and I’m not exaggerating.

I leave for our cruise Sunday. I would love to get it fixed— currently it’s uneven, random blunt chunks (all he did was cut from left to right).

Anyone had experience with salons on board a carnival ship (or any ship)? I’m sure they’re fully capable, I’m just terrified of going way shorter or digging myself in a deeper hole. 

Ps you may be wondering why I didn’t do anything about it when I was there. I just wanted out.  Wasn’t sure how terrible  it was until I left. He made his first dry cut, I smelled alcohol on his breath. I froze and just hoped for the best and wanted to get the heck out of there. 

Haven't ever had a cut onboard but if it were me I would get it fixed before I left on my vacation - otherwise you are going to feel like you have a bad haircut until you get it done, and there isn't any guarantee that the one onboard will be any better.  If this is the first time you have seen this stylist, call the owner of the salon and either get it fixed or get your money back.  I would go in with my hair dry and unstyled so they can see how it looks.  No excuse for someone doing that to you!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After having my hair just washed and set a few times on ships I would never get mine cut on one. I have just past shoulder length straight hair and each time just asked for a bit of lift like a few hot rollers on top. Each time I came out looking like Laura Petrie on The Dick Van Dyke Show. Either get it fixed before leaving or, as suggested above, go for styling it differently until it grows out. 

• 10 months later...

Contrary to the experience others have had, I had one of the best cuts every on board an NCL ship. I had medium length hair that had become unmanageable and had it cut super short (for me) - I loved it! But the stylists, like other staff members, are on a rotating contract - so you really never know how it will turn out.

• 4 years later...
On 1/2/2020 at 8:09 AM, c-boy said:

awww good point  thank you for being astute. 

So I get that this is four years later, but I went on the cruise and forgot about this post, then had a baby and didn't do any cruising for a while (other than a baby moon I did very little prep for).. I have a cruise coming up and found my way to my old posts...

So if you're invested, I ended up finding an amazing stylist in Galveston and I got a haircut the day before the cruise and it was wonderful. Sorry to leave you hanging! haha

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2