Harmony of Seas V's Celebrity Reflection

Rae77

Hi

I do apologise if I am on the wrong forum, I am a newbie at cruise's. I am currently looking at booking one of these ships for a Caribbean cruise. Could anyone give me the pro's & con's for both ships. We would be a family of 6, ages range from Teenagers, 40's & 60's. We look eating, drinking and plenty of evening entertainment. We would also like to have area's to drink/dine outside or with ocean views. I have heard the Royal Caribbean cruises cater for families very well but would i be disappointed with the activities for teenagers on the Reflection?

I would really appreciate any comments to help me decide.

Thank you 

Rae

I haven't been on those exact ships but I've been on both ship classes.  I recommend Harmony.  It's a much better ship for families with teens, and the entertainment on Oasis Class ships is the best at sea.  There are a ton of evening entertainment choices with live music all over the ship.  

Celebrity is a great cruise line but I recommend it more if you were traveling as a couple.  

• 4 months later...

Harmony is the drastically better choice for a family trip.  Kids are more of an afterthought on Reflection.  They have kid's clubs but that is about it.  Harmony has so much to do onboard for everyone that you cannot do it all in a week.  The shows are fantastic.  We love the specialty restaurants and mostly eat at those on RCCL - haven't done the MDR in years so I can't tell you about that, but I would assume the food is good.  Celebrity Reflection is more of a quiet romantic cruise with not much of anything for kids in the way of entertainment or things to do onboard other than the clubs.  In fact, most Celebrity cruises we've been on, we were among the youngest onboard - and we're in our 50's.  The only kid we ever saw on our last Celebrity cruise (in the Med) was about 2 and in a pram!  The Caribbean should be different - there should be some kids onboard the Reflection, but it's nothing like Harmony would be for entertaining everyone in the family.  Several of the specialty restaurants onboard Harmony have outdoor or semi-outdoor seating as do some of the included restaurants.  If the older folks in your group want peace, I suggest they get an Oceanview  balcony on deck 8 where Central Park is.  If you want to get a suite with your kids, I'd suggest an Aquasuite - pretty fabulous multi room suite with a view of the Aqua show!  There are so many great shows onboard Harmony - you pre-register for these online before your cruise and your seating is guaranteed.  Harmony is just fabulous, never feels crowded and there are many all-adult venues as well as so much for the kids! I can't think of any downside to sailing on Harmony at all.