To Review or Not to Bother? That is the Question

16 hours ago, CruisinCrow said:

I enjoy writing reviews and love reading other people's reviews.  I think if you like writing, then do it.  If it's a chore, then don't.  It should be something fun, not an obligation.  My only request/suggestion is that you write the whole thing before you start posting.  I get so frustrated when I get involved in a review, only to find out that the person stopped at day 2. :classic_sad:

Lol- experiences this with a Vlog! It seemed like it was going to be an awesome, detailed vlog of Radiance Alaska, and the young woman either lost interest in doing it, or ran out of battery, around day 3 😞

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/9/2019 at 9:03 AM, sparks1093 said:

Thank you. I actually use the "memo" feature of my tablet to take notes during the cruise (I normally write my notes up the following day while I'm drinking coffee on Lido in the morning). My phone also has a "memo" feature but it's too small for my old eyes to see it.

What a great idea to use notes. I have always used notes and just recently figured out that I could add pictures instead of writing info down. I write loads of food reviews for another app so I love this idea. I have never bothered to write a cruise reveiw bc it always felt like there was so many. I also never get internet. Now I am getting internet with The Key so perhaps I will do one onboard. 

• Like 2

A BIG yes on doing the review we will be doing the same cruise August 2020 it's my retirement cruise we chosen this sailing as it is something different we always do the Caribbean. This will be only the 3rd time on RCCL 2 being on Explorer many years ago. 

I will be anxiously waiting to read your review .

Pam 

Edited by pamkev

Thank you Tinkr2. You, along with others, have convinced me there is sufficient reason to post, even if only for my enjoyment.  I appreciate the conversations - especially about the notes features since I'll have my iPad.

I will definitely focus on the 3 ports (Bar Harbour, Maine; Saint John, New Brunswick; and Halifax, Nova Scotia) rather than on the ship based on potential interest.  I was considering staying onboard during at least one stop, so that's out the window now, thankyouverymuch.  Investigative reporters gotta do their job, right?  It's okay, DH and DD are already on about wanting to do some kind of fishing, and so far I can't find them anything better than one of those lobster boats. And the one RC is offering does not feed you any actual lobster!  So that's not going to happen. 

The first time we took our now-13 year old to Red Lobster, when she was about 3 or 4 years old, she pointed right at the tank and announced she wanted to "kill and eat one of those." Aww, isn't that just the sweetest thing?  Yeah, I wasn't sure how to react either.  Completely dialed in as a shameless, perhaps brutal carnivore.  But then, that IS what the tank is for. Intuitive genius who quickly understood the rules of this adult world around her.  Yes, both of those things. Thanks, God, for sending her to us. We'll manage best we can.

Aboard I will look for odd or seemingly minor details that nobody else ever mentions.  Some photo of some hidden corner or some delightful surprise.  I never disclosed the apparently secret, free, suite-quality Aqua Theater viewing we discovered aboard Oasis of the Seas, due to the lack of reviewing that cruise at all, and I have never seen anyone else mention it until this very moment.  There is always some unique feature that has gone mostly unnoticed by others. Thank you all again.

Edited by KmomChicago

Well, everyone, your kindness is being rewarded, or maybe punished, right now.  Because of your responses, I decided to put up a short-ish, one post (for now, ha) review of our Oasis cruise from last March. It's just facts, and it's not very snarky or funny or nothing.  I will look around for my old Cruise Compasses and other propaganda and photos and see if there's more to add, but it's going up on a new post.