Galveston Island Enterprise Rent a Car

fdthird

Anybody have any experience with them?  Considering renting a car at the end of our B2B on the Liberty in March, as we have a later flight (7:02 PM) out of IAH.    Their one way rentals are not cheap, but comes out to about the same as the $150 quote I got for one way transportation, and since we have lots of time to kill, figure the car would be better than just sitting at the airport.  Looks like an Uber or other form of transportation will be necessary to get from the ship to their office at 5919 Broadway Street, as Google maps says it’s over an hour walk. 

Any info would be appreciated...thanks. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

To report back...did this last Sunday.  Ubered to the office and it was $25+ due to their congestion pricing policy.  Enterprise was very busy (guy said about 60 reservations that morning) so waited 20-30 minutes to get the car.  Got a brand new Chevy Impala, with 443 miles on it.  Price was as quoted plus tax.  When they ask about the Fuel Service option say NO - which I usually do, but stupidly said yes to on Sunday.  Cost me $33.30 and I used less than a 1/4 of a tank driving to the Car Center at George Bush International, and there’s a gas station 2 blocks before the turn off!  That was my screw up.

All in all, a good experience.   Hope this helps some folks....

• Like 1