30% Discount on Drink Packages

fdthird

Got an e-mail from a Royal this morning that the same 30% off deal that I got in December for the drink package on our March Liberty cruise is back.   Might be worth ch3cking out your cruise planner. $46 a day rather than $52. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ilovesailaway said:

Wouldn't 30%off $52 bring the price down to $36?

It's not 30% off $52.  It's 30% off $65.  $65 is the price if you book onboard.  $52 is the 20% off price you get if you book online before the cruise.

• Like 1

I saw the sale last night and hubby got his drink package.  Will be booking our excursions tonight as they are also on sale.  I'm not getting the drink package (different cabin) for either cruise.  I'd really like to know why the drink package pricing is all over the place.  What I mean is that even the regular price differs between ships and sailings.  I'm taking my girls to Bermuda and the price for that cruise is way out there so I'll skip it.  Not one of our cruises have/had the same "regular" price or sale price for the packages. 

15 minutes ago, HOSKI said:

I saw the sale last night and hubby got his drink package.  Will be booking our excursions tonight as they are also on sale.  I'm not getting the drink package (different cabin) for either cruise.  I'd really like to know why the drink package pricing is all over the place.  What I mean is that even the regular price differs between ships and sailings.  I'm taking my girls to Bermuda and the price for that cruise is way out there so I'll skip it.  Not one of our cruises have/had the same "regular" price or sale price for the packages. 

Royal uses dynamic pricing.  The pricing algorithms are constantly working to charge whatever the market will bear.

• Like 1

Is this discount for all sailings? We're in the process of booking a last-minute family cruise -- but I didn't see anything about a discounted drink package, when I was on RC's website, just now. Of course, I was mostly focusing on the 60% off second passenger (on selected sailings).

9 minutes ago, wwcruisers said:

Is this discount for all sailings? We're in the process of booking a last-minute family cruise -- but I didn't see anything about a discounted drink package, when I was on RC's website, just now. Of course, I was mostly focusing on the 60% off second passenger (on selected sailings).

Most likely not for all sailings.  Check your Cruise Planner.

11 minutes ago, wwcruisers said:

No, the discount is not for all sailings.  I have a cruise on Harmony Jan 20 and it's 30% off at $46 per day, but my June Allure cruise is 20% off at $56 per day.    Last week there was a sale for those on Allure or Harmony, I forget which, this week and the price was $42 per day.

Once again the creative math of Royal Caribbean is at work.  The prices for drinks aren't on the website per se, they are in the Cruise Planner which is available once the cruise is booked.

4 hours ago, fdthird said:

Got an e-mail from a Royal this morning that the same 30% off deal that I got in December for the drink package on our March Liberty cruise is back.   Might be worth ch3cking out your cruise planner. $46 a day rather than $52. 

Jealous!  Mine went from $52 to $49, still not cheaper than what I got this summer ($48).

Edited by vacationlover_mn

7 minutes ago, luckyprincess said:

So I was going to purchase tomorrow morning as my friend and Inare splitting the cost. Does anyone know how long this sale lasts. Usually there is a countdown thing but I didnt see one.

Unpredictable.

7 minutes ago, nancronin said:

Bob (Host Clarea) - Do you know how much the discount is for Diamond Plus for the Premium Liquor package?  Can that discount only be bought on board? Thanks. 

30% discount off the onboard price which varies ship to ship and sailing to sailing

9 minutes ago, nancronin said:

Bob (Host Clarea) - Do you know how much the discount is for Diamond Plus for the Premium Liquor package?  Can that discount only be bought on board? Thanks. 

D+ discount is 30%, only given on board.