What is you favorite cruise hack on RCCL

This isn't RCCL-specific, but I like using strong magnet hooks to hang damp clothing on a hanger from the ceiling near the air vent.  Helps to reduce how much I have to pack because there is always a dry swimsuit to put on, and I can also wash out an outfit and dry it.  

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

I always bring a Barong Tagalog, the formal shirt from the Philippines, light, easy to pack, made of pineapple plant fabric.  Easy to wear on formal night, the Filipinos on board usually give me a smile.

Edited by mugtech
Sp
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, mugtech said:

I always bring a Barong Tagalog, the formal shirt from the Philippines, light, easy to pack, made of pineapple plant fabric.  Easy to wear on formal night, the Filipinos on board usually give me a smile.

That is an excellent idea. I may steal this. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I guess most of these aren't RCI specific, but:

– Essential oil for the toilet (I use eucalyptus), a la Poo-Pourri

– A travel steamer

– Rum runners 😊

– Yeti cup (so many people on my last cruise had one–wondered why I never thought of it!)
– Trial-size Clorox wipes pack

– Saving a bag of potato chips from Park Cafe at lunchtime, or Cheerios from breakfast, as a snack for later

– My personal favorite, the HooToo Tripmate. It's worked flawlessly on Majesty OTS and every hotel and plane I've tested it on. Fingers crossed it will work on Oasis in 3 weeks.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, fizzywm said:

I guess most of these aren't RCI specific, but:

– Essential oil for the toilet (I use eucalyptus), a la Poo-Pourri

– A travel steamer

– Rum runners 😊

– Yeti cup (so many people on my last cruise had one–wondered why I never thought of it!)
– Trial-size Clorox wipes pack

– Saving a bag of potato chips from Park Cafe at lunchtime, or Cheerios from breakfast, as a snack for later

– My personal favorite, the HooToo Tripmate. It's worked flawlessly on Majesty OTS and every hotel and plane I've tested it on. Fingers crossed it will work on Oasis in 3 weeks.

Well.. they're prohibited....

I use two large binder clips with string attached to both and hook to shower curtain and a handy place in the room in 3 or 4 places  to hold the curtain away from your body. Worked great, just a little hassle to hook and unhook each time!

• Like 1

Bring pool noodles folded in suitcase and rash guard for snorkeling from shore.

Tripadvisor for snorkeling from shore beaches.

Buy good snorkeling gear when you are young. We’ve been using ours for 28 years.

Leave pool noodles with kids at last beach. Now room in suitcase for duty free booze.

Book inside cabin and cruise more. Bring battery tea lights for room. Small alarm clock. Flashlight. 

Most important: Buy new underwear and socks and leave at home. Bring old underwear and socks and throw away as being used go home to your new underwear and socks. More room for duty free booze in suitcase!

• Like 18
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, postmanrings said:

I use two large binder clips with string attached to both and hook to shower curtain and a handy place in the room in 3 or 4 places  to hold the curtain away from your body. Worked great, just a little hassle to hook and unhook each time!

Almost all cabins on Royal have shower doors if they have a shower. J/S have the bathtub/shower combination. 

• Like 1

• Magnetic hooks to hang all kinds of things - bathrobe by the bed, swimsuit to dry, lanyards, floppy hat
  • Either shaker bottles or travel mugs to dump water/juice/soda into and keep in my stateroom fridge
  • I use packing cubes, and bring labels that say "clean" or "dirty." When packing to go home, each cube gets a label. When I get home, dirty cubes go right to the laundry room.
  • Pop up hamper in the closet for dirty clothes
  • Since there isn't much drawer space, I bring these to keep undergarments organized on a closet shelf: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072Q8KCLJ/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  • Grab a carton or two of milk in the WJ at breakfast and put it in my fridge. Grab cookies later on, and have the option for a late night snack.
  • Always bring zip lock bags - I use them for all kinds of things
  • I keep any OTC meds and first-aid supplies I might need in a little travel case year-round and just toss it into my suitcase when packing. I always keep Krazy Glue in my first aid kit to seal cuts. (ONLY for those who know how to determine if a cut is clean, not too deep, etc.)
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The collapsible closet organizer/hangers are great.  Got our most recent one at Target.

Battery operated tea lights are great.

We also bring a water bottle or two that have the built in internal carbon filter.  These are great if you want to use the cabins drinking water in a pinch, or for water in general.  Something like this:

Dan

56848555-6D6D-4861-BF17-4FB09D8AC88D.jpeg

7CC48B96-630D-4B10-841B-5A6D749304E4.jpeg

Edited by The Fun Researcher
  • Thanks 1

We always save metal hangers from the dry cleaners to bring with us since there are never enough hangers and then leave them there when we go home.  And definitely ziplock bags in different sizes...use them for just about everything!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1