Live Review- Symphony of the Seas 1/12/19; First Oasis Class in 7 Years!

OTownNick

2 hours ago, ElectricPrincess said:

I am so happy you're doing a LIVE! We are on her in March and really excited, so this will help. Although you're not going to eat there, could you post the menus for the Main Dining Room, if seeing them anywhere?

Thanks and greetings from Germany! Enjoy your vacation!

I’ll see what I can do!

Well it’s 24 hours until boarding. Many of the guests are already there in nearby hotels so THIER vacations are already underway. I still have a few more hours of work.

i checked in on my SW flight at 6:35AM precisely. We will land in FLL at 7:40 so we will be taking our sweet time retrieving our checked bags and getting a Lyft (I have a 10% discount code, otherwise i just use Uber). The cost of the ride is around $20 if I recall correctly. We will get to Terminal A plenty early enough but not before 9:30 just to make sure the Porters are collecting luggage for the new passengers. Terminal A is gorgeous and it’s my favorite of all, 2nd to Port Canaveral. We will be able to relax in the exclusive waiting area. I know we will be tired because who can sleep the night before a cruise and we have to leave the house around 4 to catch our early flight that got moved up even earlier to 6:35 am. We will take a Lyft from our house to the airport. That is about $24.

Our plan upon boarding is to head to the Suites Lounge to drop off our carry on bags and make our dinner reservations for Coastal Kitchen. Then explore the ship til Noon and come back to Coastal Kitchen for lunch. 

Note that I do a lot of live streaming broadcasts during my cruises on Periscope. This is a free App if you want to download it and watch the live or previous broadcasts. It’s interactive and the viewers can type in questions and comments  live and I can answer  them. It’s fun. If anyone wants to watch these , my user name is NickVitani so follow me on Periscope if you want to see the cruise from a different and live perspective. 

Edited by OTownNick
  • Like 1

OTownNick looking forward to this review! We sail Sypmhony in May and have previously sailed Allure twice and Anthem once. Anthem underwhelmed! Oasis Class is tops for us. Allure always over delivered and we are looking forward to Symphony. 

Quick question, in your dining options review you mentioned solarium bistro and coastal kitchen as good free options. It didn't seem that you booked a suite? Or did you? If you didn't, tell us how you are going to gain access to coastal kitchen? Is it a special program? 

Enjoy! 

-Bert

11 minutes ago, Spacecaydet said:

OTownNick looking forward to this review! We sail Sypmhony in May and have previously sailed Allure twice and Anthem once. Anthem underwhelmed! Oasis Class is tops for us. Allure always over delivered and we are looking forward to Symphony. 

Quick question, in your dining options review you mentioned solarium bistro and coastal kitchen as good free options. It didn't seem that you booked a suite? Or did you? If you didn't, tell us how you are going to gain access to coastal kitchen? Is it a special program? 

Enjoy! 

-Bert

Thanks for joining in and following. We are Pinnacle so that’s how we get access to Coastal Kitchen regardless of stateroom booked. Now I’ve heard that suite guests get priority if there are too many Pinnacles onboard. If there are, they would limit Pinnacles not in a suite to the number of times they can dine. If we can eat there twice I would be happy. We MAY go for 3 since the menu changes and it looks really good. 

I do want to eat in Solarium Bistro at least twice and Windjammer at least once.  We will wing it based on availability. I usually do a lot of food photos and food critic review so I expect there will be a lot of food review on this Board.  Breakfast and lunch will be varied as well to see what our favorite options are.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, OTownNick said:

Well it’s 24 hours until boarding. Many of the guests are already there in nearby hotels so THIER vacations are already underway. I still have a few more hours of work.

i checked in on my SW flight at 6:35AM precisely. We will land in FLL at 7:40 so we will be taking our sweet time retrieving our checked bags and getting a Lyft (I have a 10% discount code, otherwise i just use Uber). The cost of the ride is around $20 if I recall correctly. We will get to Terminal A plenty early enough but not before 9:30 just to make sure the Porters are collecting luggage for the new passengers. Terminal A is gorgeous and it’s my favorite of all, 2nd to Port Canaveral. We will be able to relax in the exclusive waiting area. I know we will be tired because who can sleep the night before a cruise and we have to leave the house around 4 to catch our early flight that got moved up even earlier to 6:35 am. We will take a Lyft from our house to the airport. That is about $24.

Our plan upon boarding is to head to the Suites Lounge to drop off our carry on bags and make our dinner reservations for Coastal Kitchen. Then explore the ship til Noon and come back to Coastal Kitchen for lunch. 

Note that I do a lot of live streaming broadcasts during my cruises on Periscope. This is a free App if you want to download it and watch the live or previous broadcasts. It’s interactive and the viewers can type in questions and comments  live and I can answer  them. It’s fun. If anyone wants to watch these , my user name is NickVitani so follow me on Periscope if you want to see the cruise from a different and live perspective. 

Nick. I am sitting at the pool at Hilton Miama. left frigid Chicago at 6:30 am. Paulgets here from Boston aroudn 10 pm. We also are planning to get to ship early and like you bring carry on to CL and lunch in Coastal Kitchen at noon. see you then...Cheryl

• Like 1

On 1/10/2019 at 10:16 AM, BillOh said:

Have you joined your roll yet?    I've lost track of the last predicted availability for the pier at Coco Cay, I assume it will be available for an Oasis class ship by then.

I forgot to ask - have you signed up for the Meet & Mingle?  I did it and it told me I was the first one???

3 minutes ago, BEENSAILING said:

Nick. I am sitting at the pool at Hilton Miama. left frigid Chicago at 6:30 am. Paulgets here from Boston aroudn 10 pm. We also are planning to get to ship early and like you bring carry on to CL and lunch in Coastal Kitchen at noon. see you then...Cheryl

There is no CL on Symphony. Only DL and Suite Lounge where at this time Pinnacles are also welcome. 

2 hours ago, OTownNick said:

Thanks for joining in and following. We are Pinnacle so that’s how we get access to Coastal Kitchen regardless of stateroom booked. Now I’ve heard that suite guests get priority if there are too many Pinnacles onboard. If there are, they would limit Pinnacles not in a suite to the number of times they can dine. If we can eat there twice I would be happy. We MAY go for 3 since the menu changes and it looks really good. 

I do want to eat in Solarium Bistro at least twice and Windjammer at least once.  We will wing it based on availability. I usually do a lot of food photos and food critic review so I expect there will be a lot of food review on this Board.  Breakfast and lunch will be varied as well to see what our favorite options are.

I guess the fact that you've been on 100+ cruises should have tipped me off to the pinnacle status hence access to CK without being in a suite. I might need to head back to reading comp 101.

You did post something about dropping off carry-on in suite lounge, I've heard you can do that on many ships but the policy for all is not the same. Have you heard that they let you do this on Symphony? I think we will do the same if you find tomorrow that it is possible. 

Looking forward to hearing about the biggest at sea throughout your upcoming live review!!  Bottoms up! 

2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

There is no CL on Symphony. Only DL and Suite Lounge where at this time Pinnacles are also welcome. 

I meant SL. sitting in the sun and not editing my post. we are in a loft suite. splurged on this. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Spacecaydet said:

I guess the fact that you've been on 100+ cruises should have tipped me off to the pinnacle status hence access to CK without being in a suite. I might need to head back to reading comp 101.

You did post something about dropping off carry-on in suite lounge, I've heard you can do that on many ships but the policy for all is not the same. Have you heard that they let you do this on Symphony? I think we will do the same if you find tomorrow that it is possible. 

Looking forward to hearing about the biggest at sea throughout your upcoming live review!!  Bottoms up! 

There isn’t a “program” ffor luggage. that we use. We always just hide our carry on stuff in a Concierge or Suites Lounge off to the side while we go eat lunch. We take any valuables with us. It’s never been a problem. 

11 minutes ago, CruiseLifeRick said:

Have a great trip Nick.  Just curious as to why your sailings on Allure in 2015 and 2016 have been forgotten.  Hope you love all the improvements on Symphony! 

Did Anthem in 2015. Last time on Allure was 2011 for me! OH WAIT. YOURE RIGHT! I DID the Allure in 2016!! Totally forgot about that!! 

Guess I need to change my title to WIFES first Oasis class in 7 years 

Edited by OTownNick

Since I totally forgot I did a solo sailing on Allure in 2016, I’m amending  the title of  this review “WIFE’s first Oasis Class in 7 years”.

too many cruises 🚢 and rhey all start running together. First World Problems. 

Edited by OTownNick